Thursday, October 11, 2018

"No Protesters Here Just Spooks"

Halloween is getting close. My good neighbor makes things look scary. 10-11-2018 Perryton, TX
My good patriotic neighbor has again decorated to the hilt for Halloween. She does this every year even after her children have been grown for years. She knows that older people still like to feel young around Halloween time. I love to spend time just viewing so many scary, and cartoon-like figures all through her large yard. The United States, and Texas flag is always waving high above any, and all decorations she might have mounted in her yard. It's nice to live near people who never seem to fear or take the threat of losing our country too seriously, and are always on the up-beat side. I love children, and like to see their excitement every Halloween when they dress up and go trick or treating, but I cannot stand the stress involved when it comes to handing out candy for two or three hours. My age has taken a toll on me. I am so thankful that at least one more year we can celebrate our long, loved traditions.


I worked today, and am a bit tired, but I'm going to a meeting this evening at the college in our city. The speaker is from Abilene Texas, and I just happen to be pretty proud of Abilene at this time. I have a son, and his wife who live there, and the newly confirmed Supreme Court Justice's wife is from Abilene. I believe her parent's still live in Abilene. I must perk up and attend this meeting. I don't have much time to lose since the meeting starts at 6 o'clock. It is almost five now. I will be meeting a friend there. I may not feel, or look my best, but I will be admitted, I'm sure. Unless my enthusiasm dwindles quickly I am expecting to learn a lot about being helpful in my community.


Tomorrow will be another exciting day. I look forward to eating lunch with friends, and sharing all the good news. We try to leave politics at home. I would rather see the smiling faces than to see the frowns. Faith is still pretty high among our seniors, and you might be surprised at all the wisdom we have there. We are so blessed to have such a nice bunch of seasoned citizens who are still enjoying their lives. There is strength in unity, and believe me we are unified. There are over 100 members besides all the non members that make this place a very special asset to our community.


Never does a day go by that I don't meet up with negativity, but I always get the positivity very quickly. Thank God for His gifts in my life. Joy and peace are my two most treasured gifts. I would like for every soul to possess these two great gifts, and I pray for that desire every day. We don't always know when are prayers are answered, but by faith I believe the most of them are heard by God, and He does answer prayer.


God Bless
Myrtle Jean Sharp

No comments:

Post a Comment