Wednesday, June 20, 2018

"Slowly But Surely I Can Gloat"

The white on the patio floor is the sun shinning through the screens. The floor is painted and looks nice. 6-20-2018 Perryton, TX
 
I'm gloating at this time by having my patio paint and repair, job finished. It has been a hard job for a hard-headed lady who want's everything to be just so so. It is not perfect, but looks much better than it did. I feel twenty years younger after all that exercise I got. And with a little over 4 inches of rain, (¾ again last night) the past week, I am very happy. I still have some more work to do with cleaning out the garage, and throwing away a lot of stuff I don't need. It's hard for to me to believe that I'm so deeply involved in fixing, and cleaning up this place. It could last for the rest of the summer, and I probably wouldn't have everything done that I would like to have. All of my drawers need to be cleaned out, and every window needs to be cleaned inside and out. I used to keep things like that done, even with raising a family and working out. I wonder now how I managed. It is nice though to be free to do what I want to do when I want to do it. Sometimes I feel like a privileged step-child. I am thankful for all God has done for me. My aching bones seem minor when I start counting my blessings. I do have to discipline myself every day, lest I eat too much rich food, and turn my body into some health issues. Food is my best friend. Especially home cooked.

I have been helping our President solve the immigration problem in my rest time. President Trump doesn't know it, but I spend hours each day thinking about the, impossible way to fix that problem. It has now reached a point of “must be done,” but how, oh! my how? Most people had no idea how great this problem had become until now. I have read about in many years past, how some parents in other countries had to send their children away to be raised in another country because they could not keep them. I could hardly believe that, but now our own country is about to do the same thing. It's not a matter of who's fault it is, it is just a fact now, and something has to be decided soon. At best it is not going to be easy, nor seemingly humane. The old saying “God did not promise us a bed of roses,” certainly is holding true. Those who ignore this problem without even sending up a word of prayer should be ashamed. They should also be aware of what may be coming to them in the future. There is bible scripture that speaks of foreigners coming into other countries and how they should be treated, but that is not something I can understand. Some of the Democrats are trying to use that bible reference to make our President continue to have open borders, and avoid the law. It just can not continue as anyone can see America is quickly turning into a third world country, and God will no longer be allowed to be mentioned, or the bible be legal to own. Can anyone unravel that?

God Bless
Myrtle Jean Sharp

No comments:

Post a Comment