Sunday, June 24, 2018

"Chairs For Rain Lovers"

It's so nice to sit on my front porch and watch the rain. Nearly 8" in the past 10 days. 6-24-2018 Perryton, TX
 
Here we are sitting in a storm warning watch after having rain for the past 8 or 10 days. Luckily we haven't had any hail or high winds, but the weather report says we may have some here shortly. I did get my yard mowed finally, and I'm glad for that. I truly have enjoyed the rain since it came slowly, and lasted off and on for several days. I also managed to get my patio repaired, and painted, between rains. The weather is cool, so much that I had to come in after being in the yard just a few minutes this morning. The wind is blowing harder than I like to admit. All in all we are having near perfect weather, and I hope it stays that way for awhile.

 
These Sunday's are too long, and boring when you don't go to church. I was fixing to get ready for church this morning when a hard rain hit. It turned dark outside, and I though it might possible storm so I didn't go on to church. It turned out to be just a quick downpour, but it remained dark. The rain gauge showed a tiny trace of rain. At 4:00 this afternoon it's still threatening storms. I fixed dinner and ate by myself at home. I took Chuck's dinner to him. I had a nice visit with my youngest son who had just returned home from a vacation in Belize. He and his wife had a great time, but had to get to work on their yard immediately. It is these sweet, short visits that make my day pleasant. I love my family very much.


I don't remember how many times I've read the bible through, but it seems like each time I read it something that I didn't remember reading before stands out to me. My latest reminder was last night a verse found in proverbs ch.17: v.13. “Whoso rewardeth evil for good, evil shall not depart from his house.” (sounds to me like evil is already in one's house if they reward evil for good.) Since these are words from the God of the Universe I think we all should take special notice, and not be hypocritical when we rather not insult someone, and chose to lie from our heart. The one person whom I believe fits this proverb most perfectly is our President Trump. He is the most honest man I have ever known when it comes to saying what he believes. I do not believe he is rewarding evil with good. I believe also that evil does not dwell in his house. Therefore, our President shall stand strong through every evil trick the evil doers put him through. How great God is, and greatly to be praised. It's so easy to give a nice complement when we really are not feeling the fact. It's called, just being nice. We can be nice without lying. There is such a thing as being discrete. A word deserving much attention and pondering. Too many people are choosing to follow by example those who are not following Christ's example.

God Bless

Myrtle Jean Sharp




































































































































No comments:

Post a Comment