Sunday, June 17, 2018

"Nothing Could be Sweeter Than Watching Birds Dine"

How sweet little birds loving their new feeder. 6-17-2018 Perryton TX
I am one happy bird-watcher now. My children got me a bird feeder for Mother's Day and my good neighbor thought it needed to be put in my flower bed right in front of my living room window. My recliner is sitting by that window so I am now entertained by the birds, and it is so exciting to watch them. Sometimes there are a dozen or more trying to eat at the same time. I don't know what kind they are, but are very small. I still have to install the two houses the kids got me also. I may have to put the little birdies on a diet, because it looks like they are eating too fast.
It is a thrill to report 2 ½ inches of rain last night, and another 1 ½ this morning. We have plenty of moister now. I did manage to work a couple of hours painting the wood on the patio before it started raining. It delayed my time frame, but that's alright I needed to rest awhile anyway. I have made a huge improvement on the looks of it already. If it doesn't rain any more I should be finishing up tomorrow. I'm thinking of having a cook out for some friends when I get it finished. The extra exercise has been good for me. I don't have as much pain from arthritis as usual. I never even got sore muscles from all the climbing, and reaching out with a brush to the limit of my arms. After it started raining today I came inside and made a banana pudding. When I am finished writing this blog I will tackle the last three days of dish washing. I haven't used my dishwasher in several years because it takes weeks to get a washer full. I usually hand wash them each time I use them, but since I have been working outside so much I have let them pile up.

I am sending out a Happy Father's Day wish to all the fathers. They are worthy to be honored for all the support and hard work they did for their children. My father has been gone for forty years, but he is on my mind a lot. I so positively remember his quotes from the bible that he made every day. He lived by faith, and not by sight. It is almost like he still lives, and I so often tell myself that my father would have done it this way instead of the way I would like to do it. He taught me how to do the outside work while my mother taught me how to do the inside. I think that's why I don't appreciate the complicated digital way we have for doing everything today. My neighbor told me yesterday he could not work on cars anymore. He used to fix everything himself, but now he says everything is decided by a computer. What a shame for us older experts. But we still have the same Heavenly Father who knows more about computers than anyone.

God Bless
Myrtle Jean Sharp

No comments:

Post a Comment