Saturday, June 9, 2018

"Love My Flowers To Death"

             The flowers are doing great with the extremely hot weather. 6-9-2018 Perryton, TX
 
With the 100 degree temperature the flowers are managing very well. But I do have to water them a lot. I also have to pull up weeds every day or they grow faster than the flowers. I worked two hours this morning in the flower garden before it got so hot. I love it though, and it gives me something to do. The mosquitoes are bad so I have to spray my whole body with Off. They bite right through your clothing without you spray. We are in bad need of rain. The lawn is too big, and it takes too much time and water to keep it green. I do keep the front lawn watered.

Chuck bought a fresh pineapple and brought it to me so I could make him a pineapple upside down cake. I just turned the oven off as the cake was golden brown on top. The slices of fresh pineapple were very ripe, and sweet. The cakes looks like it will be good. The hardest part about making the cake was peeling and slicing the pineapple. A job I don't enjoy. I could have eaten the whole pineapple fresh. It tasted so good. Anyway I made the cake for Chuck, and I hope he eats a lot of it. It is a big cake.

My son in Abilene just called to tell me they will be leaving next Wednesday for a trip to Belize for a week. This will make the third summer in a row that they have vacationed in Belize. They seem to enjoy it a lot. Also a granddaughter in Houston is leaving the 15 of this month, June, for a three month work contract with some kind of nursing company. She is a surgical nurse, and has a good track record. She is very excited about spending three months in Anchorage Alaska. Her father plans to join her there about a week before she comes back. He is also looking forward to the trip. I am so thankful for their opportunity to get to go and enjoy. However, I have no desire to go on a far-away trip.

Tomorrow is the Sunday for dinner at church. I haven't decided what I will be taking yet, but I must decide soon. I will have to prepare it tonight. I might make another cake since that is about the quickest thing to do. However, not a pineapple up-side down cake. I'm always tired about this time of night, and I have to make myself do anything. My bath and nails cannot be ignored, and that is a time consuming must. The cloths I will wear can be decided on in the morning. I always have a mood change after a good night's rest. My day is almost complete, and I feel good about all I have accomplished today. I'm tired, but happy. Feeling mighty blessed. Just hoping I haven't gained two pounds today. I did splurge with my eating.

God Bless
Myrtle Jean Sharp

No comments:

Post a Comment