Sunday, December 24, 2017

"The Party Is Almost Over"

              Happy Christmas Eve.from our house to yours. 12-24-2017 Perryton, TX


Today, Christmas Eve, is the day we open our gifts. Tomorrow, Christmas day, is the day we play with them. I am hoping everyone got something to make them happy. Even a card makes most people happy, but the cards I got with money in them just makes me think I am worth a quit a bit. Ha ha. Thanks again to everyone. I took one last picture of our little tree before I will be taking it down. It’s been a joy having it sparkle with little colored lights for two weeks now. It has really helped to light up our lives. Like a child, I’m going to miss it when we take it down. Birthdays just come once a year, and I will be looking forward to celebrating our Lord’s birthday again next year. I know my husband is smiling in heaven now, because he sees the joy on all his families faces. That is what Christmas meant to him, and the happy faces are smiling from ear to ear. We love you dad, and grandpa.

I just could not leave off the home-made bread from my Christmas dinner menu. I have two loaves rising now to bake in a short time. I hope I will have some left for tomorrow. I have already indicated that one loaf will be given away. This thought came to me unexpectedly, and I’m not sure why, but I must follow my instincts.  It would be better for me if I gave them both away, since bread is not on my diet menu. After Christmas my next food temptation will be on New Years Eve, black eyed peas, and cornbread. It is a must if we want to have a good year. I have followed this tradition all of my life. I don’t take it all that serious, but it’s just a fun thing to do, and who don’t like black eyed peas, and corn bread? I’m very anxious for this next week to pass. I can hardly wait to meet my two sisters, and two friends, for the New Year celebration. That is when we will eat our peas, and recall many good old childhood times. Then it’s get back home, and head down that bean row again for another year. At least we will be refreshed, and ready for all the new challenges ahead. I am expecting a most wonderful 2018 year. As for now I am overflowing with excitement, and expectations. I am wishing this same feeling to all of you who are reading this blog. Don’t be afraid to step out on faith, and expect a great blessing to follow. It’s time to forget all the 2017 disappoints, and declare a much better year this time. I can already feel the great blessings some of you are going to be receiving. Start thanking God now. Let your faith take care of your disappointments, because God had something else better for you all along.  He didn’t forget you, he just made you wait for the best.  Glory be to God in the highest.

God Bless
Myrtle Jean Sharp


No comments:

Post a Comment