Tuesday, December 26, 2017

"Give Me The Sunshine While I Live"

One day after Christmas the light is shinning through the big picture window in my living room. 12-26-2017 Perryton. TX

December 26, 2017 my house is shinning brightly from the ever-so lovely light from the sun. It shines through my big plate glass window, and lights up my whole house. It also lights up my life. I had a wonderful Christmas, and am looking forward to the New Year. Nothing makes me feel better than natural light instead of artificial light. If I ever move I fear I would not be blessed with this precious sun light that shines through several of my windows. Even in my bedroom with venation blinds closed I still have to check often to see if I have turned off the light. I am living in the “Light of the World,” thanks to the Heavenly Father. I am a few pounds heavier, but my, how I enjoyed so much good food. After New Year I’m sure my joy will cease a bit, because I must get back into my newer wardrobe. In other words I must get serious again. When the black eyed pea, and cornbread meal is over that is the last straw for gorging. That will happen on December 31, 2017  at midnight. I will be fixing three cans of black eyed peas with bacon bit, and a large pan of cornbread to share with four other crazy ladies in a motel room. We will toast our Pepsi’s, and declare good luck to each other. After that we will sleep like babies, and take in one more day of enjoying our craziness.  I feel so much more secure at the beginning of this 2018 year than I did at the beginning of 2017. We now have a President whom I trust completely to keep us safe. He has already brought back the good old tradition of saying, “Merry Christmas.” The evil spirit is disappearing more and more each day. That is enough to make anyone want to celebrate. I can barely keep my feet on the ground. I know 2018 will be the year that all true believers of Christ shall be blessed beyond belief. I do regret to say that many will succumb to their weak trust in God, and Country, and will be ushered out into eternity. I’m speaking of those whom have made wrong choices, and left God out of their lives. They joined up with the wrong crowd. Few will realize it and repent, but many will never admit to wrongful, blasphemous, irreverence to God. In all reality the world is better off without them. That is hard to say when some of those rebels are our own blood brothers and sisters. Nieces and nephews, and possible our own children. God will give grace to those whom have to see their own blood family be sent to that unholy place of torture and pain. I just in the past few minutes have been sent an email of the obituary of one of my precious cousins living in California. She was the perfect example of a true Christian. I am deeply saddened by this news. This world needs to keep people like her around for a lot longer than her 77 years. I know she is in a better place, but we all will miss her so much. God bless her husband and family.

God Bless
Myrtle Jean Sharp

No comments:

Post a Comment