Tuesday, December 5, 2017

"An Antique Tablecloth An Antique Angel"

                           It's beginning to look a lot like Christmas. 12-5-2017 Perryton,TX


I get pretty excited when I start pulling out Christmas decorations. I am more determined now to never let this precious celebration of Christ’s birthday be taken from us. Ever since I can remember it always thrilled me more to celebrate Jesus’ birthday than my own. Although He was born over two thousand years ago, as a babe, He never grows old. He is in that Land where the bible tells us we will never grow old. My heart is rejoicing with gladness at just the thought of that promise. I am praying that people will realize how close we came to losing this “most honorable” Christ’s birthday celebration, and will take greater pride in singing and praising His Holy name. Many have lost their lives because they refused to deny Him, and chose to die instead. Let us all keep backing our President, Donald Trump, as he determines to keep the Christmas message at the top of His priority list. This president should have already bled to death due to all the stabbings He has received since he has been president. He is protected by the Almighty Power of God. Because of God’s love, and His Almighty Power, He has sent us a leader who will keep us safe, and let us continue to celebrate Christ‘s  birthday.

It’s always a blessing to talk to family members on the telephone. I just had a conversation with my sister in Oklahoma City. She said they were getting ready for Christmas, and was excited about making plans for the dinner they will share with other family members. I am not sure about what I will be doing during the Christmas holidays, but I plan to enjoy myself whatever. It’s just a great time of the year to be happy, and help others to be happy. I do have some ideas, but not sure if any will materialize or not. Outside of several parties I plan to attend, nothing is concrete.

I have planned to make salisbury steak with mushroom sauce for dinner tonight. I need to go to the store for mushrooms, so I will prepare to end this blog and start doing something significant for our health. We have been making do with quick snacks, and too many sweets. My son is needing a good meal, that he didn’t have to cook. He never complains, but I do feel guilty. I have a new recipe for Salisbury steak, and I’m anxious to try it. I will have mashed potatoes and green sweet peas to go with it. No dessert tonight. Maybe I will eat one-half of an apple before I go to bed. Still on target with my weight, but it’s a long time yet before Christmas is over. To all my face book friends and family, my readers over seas, and everywhere else, I wish you a Merry Christmas, and a happy New Year.

God Bless
Myrtle Jean Sharp


No comments:

Post a Comment