Thursday, December 28, 2017

"From A Loving Daughter"

My Mother's Day present from my daughter 25 years ago. 14 k. yellow gold, heart chain, with 25 small diamonds. 12-28-2017 Perryton, TX


Getting a little personal this morning, but just wanted everyone to know what a wonderful, one only, daughter I have. She sent me this lovely 14 k. yellow gold, heart shaped necklace with 25 small diamonds, twenty five years ago. I have laid the necklace on top of the sweet letter she sent with it, but I’m afraid it can’t be read. I will print the words so everyone can see how sweet my daughter is to her mother.

MOM,

I wanted to get you something special this year for Mother’s Day. I had always admired it in the store and decided to splurge, and buy it. Don’t worry, I am doing flower beds for Randy for the next few weeks to cover the cost. Besides you are worth every penny. It is still just not anything compared to what you mean to me. You have been, and always will be the best mother, and friend anyone could ask for. These last few months has showed me the very special person you are…not that I didn’t already know that!

Have a wonderful Mother’s Day.
                     Love,
                          Your Daughter.


Recently I was rummaging through some papers and this little note seemed to jump out at me. When I read it I cried. I remembered it well. I also cried when I received it. I wondered how any mother could be given a daughter so sweet as this. Over the years many tests, and trials have happened, but nothing has taken away that indispensable love we have for each other. I believe God gave me a daughter that would love me as much as my husband did after he was gone. She has so many of her father’s traits. My husband me precious gifts all the years we were married, 63 years to be exact. He and I suffered through many tough battles, but somehow we always came out the winner. Sometimes we may say, “I’m never going to have anything else to do with that person, but when you have the love of God in your heart, you cannot possible disclaim them. I would be in bad shape if Jesus did not forgive me every day for my wrongs. We may hold a grudge for awhile, but eventually that also goes away. Jesus may not forget some of our terrible wrongs, but He is a just God, and will handle the situation in a just, loving way. He lets us chose our way of living, but He also lets us live with whatever we chose. A judge can condemn, or forgive the same person several times, but make no mistake he will not be unjust if he is a respected judge. Most of us know right from wrong, and if we chose to do wrong, we will suffer the consequences. If we keep making the same mistakes over, and over, chances are the consequences will be very heavy. Most of us have many tears behind our joys, but so many don’t have joys because of tears still.

God Bless
Myrtle Jean Sharp



No comments:

Post a Comment