Wednesday, July 5, 2017

"God Never Stops Loving""

Charles V. Sharp. 9-25-1926__1-19-2013. Born Booneville, Arkansaw. 7-5-2017 Perryton, TZ




I have made a new friend, I believe she lives in Arkansas. Since my late husband was born and raised in Booneville, Arkansas I am dedicating this little poem to my new friend, and my late husband. I just have a special place in my heart for the state of Arkansas. Some very nice, and deep rooted, one-of-a-kind, natives of this state are the best that come. My late husband, Charles Vester Sharp was born in Booneville, Arkansas  on September 25, 1926. He departed this life on January 19, 2013 in Perryton, Texas. He was a retired policeman, and an ex-oilfield truck driver. He was also a Mason, and a 32 degree Shriner. He and I married on February 2, 1950 in Elk City, Oklahoma. Together we had four children, Chuck, Rick, Rhonda and Kent. Charles  life was centered around his children, and me, Myrtle Jean, his wife.

This new friend has brought the real “Arkie” love back into my life, by sharing her poetry with me. It is very specially expressed like no one but an Native Arkansaner  can do. I believe she would be OK with me sharing her web site with those who would like to read her unique poetry. www.patdumon.com  Just sign up for her heartfelt work when the box comes up.


I married a man from Arkansas land. Broad shoulders, and 6 feet he stands.

I lived with him for 63 years, before he left me in heavy tears.

I never understood him, to say the least, but I loved that man until he

ceased.

The Oakie ladies caused me no jealously, but those Arkie gals made me feel

hellishly.

Something on their skin sticks them together like glue.

I have to admire them, their colors are true.

I lived far enough away to see them rarely,

But just the thought of them made me un-merry.

I was glad my husband left Arkansas at age eighteen,

Otherwise I may never have known his routine,

Love and respect without any limit

Not even my stubbornness could dim it.

Yes there’s something special about those Arkansas hills,

My sweetheart’s memories still give me thrills.

P.S.  He was my heartbeat for 63 years.

God Bless
Myrtle Jean Sharp.

No comments:

Post a Comment