Monday, May 31, 2021

"Sad Days Will Come And Go"

“Sad Days Will Come And Go” I am so glad this day is almost over. It has been a sad Memorial day mostly because the weather has been too bad for me to go to the Cemetery. My husband, and baby boy are both resting there until the Great Resurrection Day. The past eight years I have visited my husband's grave there, and visited with many friends who were there for the same reason. My baby has been there for sixty years. The Lord has comforted me today through His Word. How Great God is. Tomorrow I expect to be cheered up, and ready to continue to fight on in this troublesome world. I look forward to happier days. When we put our complete trust in God we can live a happy, contented life. I am in that place today. I do have some bad, dreary days, but they are soon passed, and I feel victorious again. I am one to feel like God is sad when we are sad. He loves us more than our earthly fathers did; And that was a lot. The song goes like this. “Everyone can sing when the sun is shinning bright, but we need a song in our hearts at night.” I do have that song at night, but sometimes in the day when the sun isn't shinning bright, that song just don't find me. “There is a time and a place for all things.” When I lost my baby at three days old there was a dark cloud that hung over me for months. I already had three children, but this baby was loved just as much as the others even though we never took him home from the hospital. The doctor was stunned at his death. They could not find any reason for him to die. He weighed almost nine pounds. I didn't understand it then, and I don't understand it now. I was like a zombie for years, but I never felt any anger toward God. I knew that all things work together for a reason. My life finally began to take meaning again, and I have had many more times of testing of my faith. When my time comes, I believe I will be taken peaceably, and my sorrow will finally be gone forever. Thank God for that everlasting peace. God Bless Myrtle Jean Sharp

No comments:

Post a Comment