Sunday, May 30, 2021

Surprises Do Still Happen Everyone knows when it is a holiday week-end the church congregation will be smaller than usual. But did you ever expect that except for a visiting minister, and a couple who were conducting the service that you would be the only one in the congregation? Thirty minutes into the service I was such a person. I was trying to prepare myself for that sermon which I would be the only one to hear except the couple doing the preliminaries. Thank you Jesus for sending in five visitors who were such a blessing after all. The Sermon was super, and it turned out to be more than icing on the cake. How could I have ever felt let down after as many times as God has proven himself to me? I came home from church feeling better than I had in years. I cannot imagine what God has in store for Harvest Assembly Of God Church in Perryton, Texas. There is a revival scheduled there on Friday, June 25 starting at 7:00 p.m. Going through Sunday, June 27. Sorry to say due to a reservation I have in another city I will not be able to attend, but I will be praying for this meeting to be of great success. I believe this revival is the beginning of many more to follow. Miracles are waiting to be claimed with evidence as a witness. It's very hard to be rejoicing today even though we did have a happy ending in church this morning. The whole country is mourning the loss of precious loved ones and our brave warriors. We pay our respect to them although they do not see, or hear us. Our hearts are so heavy, and we try to gain enough strength to carry on with our duties until our time comes. Without God's help daily I could not make it. He never fails to wipe away my tears, and even puts a smile on my face. Today I have read where another long-time friend has just passed. I did not know she was ailing. I wish I could have told her good-bye, but God will continue to be her best friend. This friend was ten years younger than I, and it makes me wonder why did she leave us so young. I read in the Word a few days ago where David said life is just like a puff of wind. It's here just momentarily. I'm not claiming to be young, but neither do I admit to being old. I thank God for every day of my life. I trust I will be taken away as quickly as that puff of wind passes. God Bless Myrtle Jean Sharp

No comments:

Post a Comment