Tuesday, April 13, 2021

"Getting Back On Track"

“ “Getting Back On Track” I have just finished a six hour shift today as a caregiver for my son. As always I am pretty tired when I come home, but I need to keep up my normal, daily routine after my recent heart stint procedure. My words may not come easy, or may not be of interest, but I will type whatever comes to mind as I sat at my computer. First I want to say I am so thankful to be doing very well, after four days in the hospital waiting for the procedure. I am well pleased with all the kind, and professional care given me at BSA in Amarillo. It was much better that I had expected. I had asked to use the North West Texas Hospital as that is where we have always gone before. But due to a long Easter Holiday week-end my local doctor was unable to get me scheduled there for some reason. God was with me all the way, and I knew I could trust Him. I am also thankful to have four loving, caring children to keep me calm. How blessed I am. My week of vacation with two of my sisters is still on. I am excited for that date to arrive. They will be the icing on the cake, and I can completely feel satisfied when I leave them to come back home. In fact they will be driving me home since my children didn't want me driving so soon after surgery. My son will be taking me to Oklahoma City to meet them. Our other sister cannot be with us, but she will be with us in spirit.. Later on this year we all expect to be together. As of now I feel pretty numb about shouting out for victory, although I still have that held up in this recovering body. My doctor told me to take it easy for two or three weeks. I'm trying hard to do that. The only yard work I've done since surgery is cut a couple of messes of asparagus in my garden for my dinner. It was so delicious I just can't miss bending over and cutting more. I just do a meal for one, at a time. I put a few tomato seeds in a planter today at Chuck's house. When I get back from vacation I will be putting the plants in the ground, and Chuck will take care then on. I don't think he has ever missed a summer raising big, delicious tomatoes for he, and his neighbors. His body strength is limited just like mine. But we do a little in spite of it. I am ready to start writing what God wants me to write, but He will let me know when He is ready. Until then have patience with me. God Bless Myrtle Jean Sharp

No comments:

Post a Comment