Friday, January 25, 2019

"More About Art"

My daughter-in-law thinks it's time for me to start painting again. She is trying to help me get over the hump by getting me this expensive Christmas art package. 12 canvases, paint, and brushes of every size and color. I'm ready, just not willing. but within a week I will have the fever again. 1-25-2019 Perryton, TX
 
I made a move today to start painting again. I took a picture of an expensive art package I got for Christmas. My plastic floor covering is on the floor, ready to be spread out. My easel just needs to be positioned. My palate is ready for some paint mixtures, and my turpentine is ready to be poured into the jar. Melania Trump is waiting for me to finish her beautiful face. I hope to have her finished sometime next week. I will post her when that happens. Also we have a new Hobby Lobby store that just opened in Pampa, about 65 miles from here, where I can buy nice frames. I'm also waiting for a photo from a special person who would like me to do a portrait of their choice. I am anxious to start that project. It's amazing how moods can control people when the right time comes. My Christmas this past year did miracles for me. “Thank you Lord.”


I also had an extra good day at the Center today. I met several acquaintances whom I hadn't seen for a long time. What was today all about? Nothing is too good to be true. I will admit that I remain in a lot of wonderment, but will be patient while the plan unfolds. I dare not try to unfold God's plan for my life. I am enthusiastic about tomorrow, but my ideas are not always God's idea. He knows my heart, and will give me the desire thereof if it is the best for me. I have trusted God for years, and will continue to do so. He may not let me jump over the moon, but will continue to let me keep trying. He always catches me when I jump too far, and start to fall. How great our God is.


The week-ends are always boring for me. The news is always just repeats, and I have no place to go where I can enjoy myself. I don't think jail could be any worse. However, I am not willing to find out. Tomorrow is Saturday, and I have no plans at all. Maybe that will be the day I get over the hump, and start painting. I will be trying hard to speed it up. But the longest I ever paint at one time is from 1 to 3 hours. The paint has to dry before I can make a correction especially the face. I've never been one to have two or three paintings going at one time. I think I have a one track mind. I like to talk to my subjects while I paint them, That's hard to do when you do not have a live subject to paint. When I'm doing a scenery I just guess at what the objects are thinking, I know they cannot respond to me, so I control them. I never want to do that with people. It's good to know your subjects.


God Bless
Myrtle Jean Sharp







No comments:

Post a Comment