Friday, January 18, 2019

0"Claiming My Victory"

This is my bedroom today. The center picture is Charles and I shortly after our wedding. Both side pictures are of our baby when he was two, and when he graduated from high school. He is now 50. I posted the certificate standing in front of the pillows, on my blog yesterday. It is a gift from our, then State House Representative, Warren Chisum, for our 50th wedding anniversary. 1-18-2019 Perryton, TX
Is it a good thing to sleep with precious memories? For me it is. I sleep on this bed that I have posted every night, and feel so blessed to have had such a good life. The picture of my husband, and I, is when we were first married. I was 18. and Charles was 23, there about. Our son, Kent. was our last child, and he was an extra bonus after we though we would not have another child.


As I stated yesterday, my husband has been gone six years tomorrow. My son is still special, and blesses me every day. I'm so thankful that God sent him a special wife, and the two could not be happier. This son also gave me two very special grandchildren, and I am still wondering why God would be so good to me. Let me be clear, my three other children, and grandchildren, are special too, but it was no surprise when God gave them to us. So many people ask me why I don't like to travel and be away from home more. This picture should tell you that I would rather stay at home with my wonderful memories, and sleep on my own bed while two darlings watch over me. I am one proud, and thankful mom. I am not possessed with memories, but I do like to have them close by. I do enjoy getting away occasionally, but not for long periods at a time. I have really enjoyed my independence since it was given me. I do not have to answer to anyone, but God. I'm so glad He is my Sheppard, and not my boss.


The weather forecast says we will have snow tonight with a low of 23 degrees. I never am ready for that kind of weather, but I will not complain because I have a comfortable home with a pantry, and freezer full of food. The $100 I spent at the grocery store two days ago have made we ready for the haul. Today the wind is blowing so hard if I didn't have fence my yard furniture would all blow away. I hope it will lay before the snow starts.


I was again blessed to have lunch today at the Center. I never fail to come away from there with both a full tummy, and a happy attitude. It's always good to see friends who have struggled with sickness, and broken bones etc, back at their places at the Center. What an uplifting you get to see the answer to your prayers right before your eyes. God is so good, and He will always be there with us. Three times a week we get to be together at the Center to enjoy the good food and fellowship. I have heard it said by some that they have sold their kitchens. I will never sell mine, because I love to cook too well. Although, I do love the convenience of eating with friends.


God Bless
Myrtle Jean Sharp




No comments:

Post a Comment