Wednesday, July 18, 2018

"I Won't Even Ask"

What the heck has happened to our postal service? A new one on me. 7-18-2018 Perryton, TX
 
It seems like every time I go to the post office any more to mail a package, I get another shocking surprise. Today I went to mail a friend one of my books. The postal clerk asked me if I wanted to guarantee delivery. I had been asked before if I wanted to insure the contents, or if I wanted to send with a quicker delivery, but never if I wanted to send for sure delivery. Nothing about insurance was mentioned, and I knew this clerk had been working there for years. When she saw the puzzled look on my face she replied. Guarantee delivery is $26.48 cents, otherwise it will be $4.60 cents. I answered “I want the $4.60 cent stamp.” I am wondering if I can request a Special Investigation into our Postal Department. I sometimes feel like I'm living in a new world. I am being overwhelmed with questions, and the lack of explanation, almost every time I spend money for a service or a new piece of every-day living necessities. I have a new vacuum sweeper setting in my closet that I can't find out how to get the brushes to turn, or how to empty the dirt canister. The only instructions that came with it is written in Spanish, and I have to assume it's Spanish because I can't read it. I can read a big print label that says, Do not take this product back to the store where you bought it. There is a number to call for questions, which I haven't tried to do yet. I feel like it would just be another lost cause. I am hoping my good neighbor can help me with the problem. He just returned from vacation, and I hesitate to call on him just yet. Otherwise I will have to wait till one of my children come to see me which is not often because they live several hundred miles away. They too tell me they are having the same problems in dealing with modern-day life as I am. They are younger, and use their computer to find answers to all their questions.


I went to the Senior Citizen's dinner today after leaving the post office, and there I found some bit of peace which I needed badly. My fellow Senior friends share in the same difficulties as I. It's just that we all laugh about this younger generation, and how bad it is for them that they failed to get the simple education we got. We did it without drugs, but I'm afraid I can't say that about the majority of our younger generation. I mean prescription drugs that the doctors deemed necessary to calm the stress that most intelligent people have to deal with today. I'm staying drug free so I can pray for all the good, hard-working, faith-believing characters that are fighting for our troubled nation with every ounce of determination they can find. I am sure they will, “come forth as gold in the end.”


God Bless

Myrtle Jean Sharp

No comments:

Post a Comment