Saturday, July 28, 2018

"Help Me To Grow Like The Asparagus"

                                 This is not a tree. it is asparagess. 7-29-2018 Perryton, TX
 

If we keep getting rain this asparagus is going to get as tall as the trees. Another inch and 2/10 was in the rain gauge this morning. That makes four days in a row we have had rain. It's too bad that we can only eat the shoots of this asparagus when it comes through the ground. Never over 2 or 3 inches of first growth. It gets too tough after that. The stalks continue to stay green, and grow faster than a weed. When I was a child my parents used to go in early spring down to the creek bottoms and cut first growth of polk greens to cook and eat. They too were fit to eat for just a few days after coming through the ground. They grew wild, and had to be hunted. Nothing could be better than a pot of polk greens cooked with bacon drippings. How I wish for some today.


My mind is in the wondering stage today. After coming home from a grand ole time at the Senior dance last night, I am like lost today. I don't know if I want to make this a habit or not. If I didn't have to drive so far I know I would go more. It is just a fun time being with wonderful people who have finished their work life, but still have time left on earth to manage. There are so many who are single after losing their mate, but don't enjoy living the lonely life of single. The three or four hours of socializing with others helps to get you through another week. The exercise, the humor, the good food and drinks, along with a short time of thanking God for his blessings, sure makes the heart glad. But for some reason when the party is over, the fun is over, what then? We can't bring it home. We can only bring the memories with us. What do we do for the rest of the week, especially if we have to drive another 100 miles or over to recharge our batteries. I have found no answer for that question. I don't think I have left any thought out of my mind, and there is just not a solution to the single person life after being married for 63 years. We must adapt, or adopt. I know I have to adapt, but that cannot be done without lots of outside help. I've struggled with this issue for nearly six years. I am not a quitter so I will find a longer lasting peace in time. I don't understand why the day after a wonderful time has to be so boring. Nothing I could go and do sounds interesting. NOTHING. I need to hear some laughs, and see some smiles. I need to hug, and be hugged. The physical as well as the spiritual needs to be met. OMG thank you for what I am just now seeing. I don't know why it's happening, but it is good, and it is You,

God Bless

Myrtle Jean Sharp




No comments:

Post a Comment