Saturday, July 7, 2018

"How Far Will They Grow?

                    Looks like the apple tree is growing sunflowers. 7-7-2018 Perryton, TX
 

What a blah Saturday. Nothing has happened worth bragging about. It's very hot, and I tried to work in the yard a little, but didn't get much done. I cut some weeds and grass, but mostly watered the flowers. I took a picture of the tall sunflowers that have reached the tree branches. They never turn their face away from the sun, Thought about putting sun glasses on them. I did pick a few strawberries, but not enough to make a short cake. They just ripen a few at a time. Chuck makes sure I have fruit pie filling available all the time. He just brought me another quart of blackberry, ready to go, pie filling made by the Amish people. He likes their fie filling a lot. I just have to make the crust and pour the filling in and bake. The Amish take the seeds out of their blackberries, and it really is good. I did accomplish another little job today. I looked in Walmart's yesterday while I was in Liberal, for a cushion to place in my car seat. I needed to be higher than what the seat would raise. All I could find for a cushion was an uncovered, pillow-like pad. I bought some material to cover it with. I didn't want to get my sewing machine out this morning for such a minor job, so I sewed it by hand. Good job, bragging after all.

I still have things to do today that I must get started on. Tomorrow is dinner at church Sunday, and I have to fix a platter of fresh fruit. I will be making a large pot of Chile also. My energy is running slow so I need to hurry along. There is always lots of dishes to wash, and cleaning up to do after cooking. I completely missed my nap today, but when you've made a vow to get more stuff done you can't nap. I have been true to my promise for several weeks now. It's been hard, but necessary in order to stay young and healthy. Our attitude means everything to our health. Our prayers means everything to our attitudes. How dare we lose reality of this fact. The pain from our tired bodies makes it hard to keep moving, but the more pain, the better it feels when we know we have finished our job for the day. Rest comes easier, and sleep takes over our troubled minds for awhile. A new day, and a rested body is worth more than silver or gold. God will always provide if we put Him first. Here's sending out prayers to all my readers, and wishing all the very best for a new week. Like the sunflowers may our faith grow taller, and produce more blooms every day.

God Bless
Myrtle Jean Sharp

No comments:

Post a Comment