Tuesday, July 3, 2018

"God Bless America"

      Happy birthday America. You are the best country in the world. 7-3-2018 Perryton, TX
 
I'm so proud that my next-door neighbor has shared a flag with me to celebrate our great country. America is the greatest, and has the meanest fighters in the world. Thank you President Donald Trump. Leave our country alone evil doers, and we will leave you alone. Other wise you will be hit hard. We will not let our forefathers down. All we ask of newcomers to our country is follow our laws, and love our freedom as much as we do. You must fight for our country, and not against it. America was founded upon Christian principles, and come hell, or high water, we will keep it that way. “God Bless America.”


Tomorrow is the Fourth of July. I've decided I will stay home and grieve for my baby brother. He died on the Fourth of July five years ago. He would be 80 if God hadn't of called him home. He was five years younger than I. I was so close to this brother, and have had a hard time letting go of his love for me. We have had many good times in our life time, and we shared a mutual happiness that can't be explained. I can barely tolerate the loss of he, and my husband, who had died just six moths prior. The three of us was almost like one. My brother had been most helpful to me in getting over my husband's loss, and when I lost him, I was lost, also. Let me add, my husband died on this brother's birthday, the 19th of January. I could not even wish my brother a happy birthday. He understood, and didn't want anyone to wish him a happy birthday. It is the memory of these two dear people that has given me strength to carry on. My children have also been there for me, but for the past several years they had been married, moved away, and had family of their own. My brother had the same loneliness as I. I have never felt too weak to fight for my country. God will never let me lose it.


After the Fourth of July, tomorrow, I will be back to laughing, and enjoying my life in spite of my loss, That's just how great our God is. I still have work to be done for Him. I love my job of helping others, and I really enjoy it when a miracle happens in my life. There has been many. I look forward to a new day everyday. My flowers are the joy of my life. Can anyone explain that? Is it because I am their tenderer, or does all flowers mean a lot to me? I think a lot of both is the answer to that. When my husband passed, my brother sent me a huge Peace Lily plant. It had several white blooms, and I thought it was the most beautiful plant I had ever seen. I tried with everything I had to not let it die, but within a year it just gave up. It served it's purpose, and I still see that lovely plant growing in my house, mentally.


God Bless

Myrtle Jean Sharp




No comments:

Post a Comment