Monday, May 28, 2018

                       The live reaching out to the dead. 5-28-2018 Perryton, TX

No rain, but a lot of wind at the cemetery this morning. No shade, but the sunshine was thoroughly enjoyed by all. Even those who did not have hats on. After decorating the graves we were presented with a great, and honorable program from members of the National Guard, Veterans of Foreign Wars. Buy Scouts, and volunteers from local churches. Every grave-site in the cemetery seemed to come alive for a few minutes. What an uplifting feeling to see so many people visiting grave sites, and placing flowers on the graves. How real it became to us that soon that place would also be home to many of us there today. The two friends that I was with stopped at a restaurant and had lunch before going home. The rest of the day has been long, but the feeling of being close to our loved ones is worth it all. I have had two long phone conversations today for which I am thankful for. The blessing of family and friends can never be praised too much. Death is real, and certain, so let us make life the most enjoyable we can, while we can. Today will pass, then we can renew our hope tomorrow for another year of leaving our grief where we found it today.
I am expecting a good week ahead. Nothing for sure, but just feel certain that something good is going to happen. God always repays us for being patient with Him. I know He has heard every prayer I've prayed, and I know the answer is on it's way. For that reason I can already start smiling. When I was a child my parent's love meant more to me than all the money on earth. Now that I'm grown, and growing old, my Heavenly Father's love means the same to me. I feel so safe, and secure in His loving arms. If I have a need He will supply it. If I have a desire He will give it. He doesn't need riches to make this happen. He is the riches of all heaven and earth. I am a child of earth's wealth.
The war goes on between good and evil. It will never cease, but we have already won the battle because the Lord told us in His Word that the battle is not ours, but his alone. I believe him, and will take my rest from fear and worry. I am always anxious for tomorrow, because a new day is always encouraging. The sun comes up after surfacing the earth, and it always has something new to shine on us. It may just be new faith, new hope, or new courage, but it always reaches our souls and makes us smile till the last cup of coffee has been drunk. I want to share my blessings with everyone, so by faith I'm sending them to you.

God Bless
Myrtle Jean Sharp

No comments:

Post a Comment