Sunday, May 27, 2018

"Forever His"

Love the beautiful flowers in Kent and Angela's yard. Front and back. 5-27-2018 Perryton, TX

I'm at home now, but I miss the excitement that I enjoyed for ten days with my children. I'm thankful for my home and friends, but when you're the only one in the house it sure gets lonesome. While I was outside yesterday my next door neighbor walked by and said a few words to me. She lost her husband three weeks ago after 74 years of marriage. When I asked her how she was doing she just smiled and with a quivering voice said, “it sure gets lonesome.” All I could say was I know what you mean. This lady has several family members living close by, and almost every day some of them are at her house. I guess she just can't manage the silent time she spends alone. She passes back and forth to a neighbor living next door to me, who are doing all they can to console her. I thank God for all the years He gave me, and my neighbor to love, and be loved, by a life long companion. He will not leave us alone, but we must learn to trust Him alone.


After church today I came home to an empty house. I have been trying to think positive about tomorrow, but when I remember what I will be doing tomorrow It don't help. A friend and I will be going to put flowers on our husband's grave, then go back to an empty house. We will stay for a memorial service which is very touching, but uplifting at the same time. Many people will be gathered there to remember their precious loved ones just like we will be. After the day is over it is always helpful to remember that we are not the only ones who grieve the loss of a loved one. We all were born to face such times in our lives. We have to know, and believe, that soon we will be forever set free from all pain and suffering.


Back to my post of the lovely home, and flowers, that I enjoyed for ten days, I have to be happy for all of the blessings God has given my children. Happiness trumps grief, and wins the game of pursuit. I am glad to say I am happy, and will continue to seek it every day of my existing life. Just one more day then I will be back on cloud nine. I can't explain it, but it sure is fun to be flying high. I will keep dreaming my dream of fantasy, and believing for that super day of unmasking the real me. Whether you will admit to it or not, that is a day that everyone dreams about. We will be glad to offer this body back to dust, and take on a new body of stars, and wings. I won't embark on that. But I will keep believing.

God Bless

Myrtle Jean Sharp

No comments:

Post a Comment