Thursday, May 24, 2018

"The Friendly Rose"

A sneak-peaking rose left it's own yard, and snuck under the fence to see what I was doing in Chuck's yard. 5-24-2018 Perryton, TX
Chuck's neighbor's flowers are so nice to me. This pretty white rose sneaked under the fence to tell me hello. It had to bloom after it got under the fence. The opening is not wide enough for the full bloomed rose to come through without getting crushed. Last year we enjoyed the neighbor's holly hawks all summer. When they finally died I scrapped the stalks and brought them to my house and planted them. I now have pretty holly hawks in my yard. I don't need the roses as I already have lots of them, but I sure do enjoy the roses while at Chuck's house. The Master yard keeper knows how to make me happy. I love roses so much. With the inch and ¼ rain we got last night everything in the yard is looking good. It was too wet for me to work out, but I'm thankful for the rain. Tomorrow will be a big day for me unless it rains again tonight. I have several plants to set out, and do a little preparing the ground before I set them out. Those weeds and wild grass just will not stop bugging me. I also have my Mother's Day gifts to get stationed. A bird feeder with seeds, and a humming bird feeder has to be mounted on a pole that I must dig a hole to study them. A bird church house with a steeple, and another bird house has to be installed also. Thank you children for these nice gifts.

I went shopping today and bought myself a Mother's Day gift. I didn't intend to, but I could not resist the three things I bought. I was impressed with the watch that I thought would cost a lot, but when I heard the mark-down price quote, I said sold. I also lucked onto a pair of pants, and top that I simply loved. I told myself that was my own gift for Mother's Day. Sometimes I feel extremely blessed. I know I have a different taste for dress than most, but I do love what the Good Lord shows me. If my husband could see me today he wouldn't believe his eyes. Although he would be quick to tell me how pretty I looked. No matter what I wore he always told me that. I miss those words a lot. Memorial Day is coming up, and I will be putting flowers in the vase at his tombstone. It is so hard for me to walk away after five and one-half years of separation. A hundred friends can not take the place of a husband. I'm praying that God will fill that vacancy with someone who could pass for my husband's clone. However, I don't expect that to happen. I'm sure many widower's feel the same way. We must just dream on, and wait for our call. I have everything I need except that one love that most women desire.

God Bless
Myrtle Jean Sharp

No comments:

Post a Comment