Monday, May 7, 2018

"Natures Best In My Own Back Yard"

          This reddish orange-breasted bird is entertaining me. 5-7-2018 Perryton, TX

I enjoy sitting out in the cool breeze while the birds entertain me. This pretty bird was so feisty, and seemed to be preforming just for me. I knew birds could walk, but I didn't know they could run along the ground as fast as a marathon runner. Even on two or three inches of thick grass. They peck at the ground a lot, but when I see them take off running I think they might have seen a bug. Some of the birds that share my back yard are so beautiful. Every color in the rainbow, and all sizes and shapes. They are a lot of company to me.
I am waiting for the arrival of my two friends most any time now. Today is the last day of their eleven day trip. They called this morning to say they would be here sooner than they had expected. I am anxious to hear all about the interesting sights they visited. I do know they were in Savannah, Georgia about the time a U S military plane went down near there, killing all nine passengers. Not a good happening while trying to enjoy a fun trip. My heart goes out to all the families of those who lost their lives. One of my friends on this trip is a good friend of the next-door neighbor to me who passed away night before last. I told her about it this morning when they called. She said, “ well I'll be going to another funeral when I get hone.” It seems like every time she returns from a trip she has a funeral to attend. She is a kind, and faithful friend to everyone.

I didn't go to the Center today for lunch. I had some things that needed attention so I skipped, and made good of my leisure time. I am preparing to be gone a week leaving this Friday. I had several things to do before I could leave. I will be attending my granddaughter's college graduation in Austin,Texas next week. My car will be in the garage at Abilene getting a short fixed in the lightening system while I am gone to Austin. Thank God for my son, and daughter-in-law, who takes good care of me. It seems like they are the best at doing the impossible since they live over three hundred miles from me. One thing for sure they are responsible for, they keep me young. I love that best of all. My grand children are my best friends. They are fun to be with. Every last one of them. When I return home from this one week trip, I'm afraid I will not be ready to get back into the old grind of being alone most of the time. It will take some time as always. But the wheel of fortune keeps spinning, and some day I expect to hit the jackpot. I will forever keep trying.
 
God Bless
Myrtle Jean Sharp
 



No comments:

Post a Comment