Sunday, May 6, 2018

"It's Real We All Must Go"

Can it get any more beautiful? I sat out watering the yard watching this bright sun sink to the ground. 5-6-2018 Perryton, TX 

This Sunday has been a blessed day for me. I have done a lot of cooking, and watering the yard. My dear, elderly, next door neighbor passed away last night, and I made a large green chili casserole to take over there. I had already planned to make one for a friend who will be getting here tomorrow from her 11 day trip. She will be staying a night or two with me before she goes home. I just made two big casseroles instead of one. I also made a cake for us. Of course I had to go grocery shopping again since I was going to be making two casseroles. Again I am heavy hearten about losing a nice guy who has lived next door to me for many years. His elderly wife did a perfect job of taking care of him. She is smiling through her tears, and I had to fight tears as I tried to sound positive. They were one of the more fortunate families who had everything they wanted. A nice lovely home, and a big beautiful yard. This couple certainly did enjoy living up to the last minute of Grover's life. He did go quick and peacefully. His wife, Cleo, will continue to weed her flower beds, and water the plants and yard. She is in her nineties, but walks without a walker, and still drives. I felt lucky to have such an inspirational couple next door to me.

I ate with the Widowed Group last evening. I had missed a few times, and was glad to be back with those nice people. Somehow they make me feel happy even when I've had a bad day. I know they all have lost their companion just like I have. Therefore they must feel the same loneliness I feel although they never admit to that. It's like we have a party every Saturday night. Water is our drink because caffeine keeps us awake. Some order a child's plate because they cannot eat much any more. I usually order a salad for the same reason. Tomorrow I plan to go to the Center for lunch. That is if I can get get my work done in time. With company coming tomorrow evening I have several last minute things to do. I'm not sure what time my two friends will return from their trip.

Sometime tomorrow. I'm anxious to hear all about their excitement of visiting so many places. I had no desire to go with them, although my son begged me to go, and would have paid for my trip. I just don't want to get very far from home any more. I like to go a lot, but not far. There is no place like home, even though I live alone. My husband's pillow is always there in case he might slip in some night. I often wake up and find myself feeling for him. It hurts for awhile, but God always lets me go back to sleep. He wipes all my tears away quickly.


God Bless

Myrtle Jean Sharp

No comments:

Post a Comment