Friday, June 2, 2017

"We All Are God's Flowers"

                                    Bachelor buttons doing good. 6-2-2017 Perryton,TX


I woke up this morning to find a bunch of deep blue, bachelor buttons branching out of a planter. They grow vigorously, and make a very pretty flower. A few pink ones are starting to open up. In a week or two there will be bachelor buttons forming a solid garden of their own. They grow, and bloom all summer. Each morning when I go out to check on my flowers I am excited to find another new birth. As in all life, one watches the young grow up, and become absolutely beautiful in their own nature. “Happy, happy are those who wait upon the Lord.” As we watch, and enjoy the beautiful flowers grow and bless our lives, we know they will soon be gone. Some will die young. Some will make it till heaven rejoices over them. Some will die just as the most beautiful part of them starts to flourish. Some will live till not another wrinkle can find a place to park. Who decides which of these will happen to us as a flower in God’s beautiful garden? Only the Gardner Himself. He owns the flowers, and He can pluck whichever, whenever, He wants. He has a reason for every flower He plucks, and we must not question Him. Some day all flowers will be growing in the “forever paradise of God’s great heaven.” Let us enjoy what we have until that day. That is easier said than done, but the keeper of the garden will supply the sufficient amount of life support to keep us smiling.

I am happy for my youngest son and family, who are now enjoying a few days on the Island of Belize. I am always invited to go with them when they travel overseas. I appreciate the offer so much, but I have never been one to travel abroad. For years my husband wanted to visit the great country of Israel, and see the birth place of Jesus in Bethlehem. He never got to fulfill that dream, which I am sorry for, but if he were still here, I could not go with him even now. I just have a fear of leaving America. We did go to Mexico one time, and I was not impressed at all. It was just over the border, but I was glad we were not going any further. America has all the beauty, and interest I need; However, I am thrilled every time some of my family travels to foreign countries for a time of fun and relaxation. I think my husband had a lot to do with them wanting to travel abroad. I’m proud if he did. So to my children, and grandchildren, I am calling out your names every night to God asking Him to protect you, and bring you home safely. I also ask Him to let you have a wonderful, relaxing, vacation because as hard as you all work, you certainly need that. When you are having fun, I am having fun, even in my flower garden.

God Bless
Myrtle Jean Sharp


No comments:

Post a Comment