Saturday, June 17, 2017

"A Great Reunion Day"

                              Family reunion at Thunderbird lake. 6-10-2017 Perryton TX
                                           Baby splash pool. 6-10-2017 Perryton TX


I am back home and rested up after a great time of enjoyment at a family reunion. One of my nephews treated the entire group with a full course bar-B-Q dinner prepared by a catering service near by. Brisker, ribs, turkey, Cole slaw, potato salad, and baked beans. It was more than delicious. Then there were lots of other food ranging from home-made pies, and cinnamon rolls, to saluted’ and picked  vegetables. Fresh fruits were in trays with wonderful tasting dips. Gallon jars of home-made cookies were sitting around. Drinks included gallons of sweetened and unsweetened tea, lemonade, punch, orange juice, soda pop and coffee. Nothing was lacking at this dinner. Many tents were set up, and air mattresses were blown up for great comfort. Air inflated boats, and floaters of all kinds kept the younger set fully entertained the entire time. Even the babies had air filled pools with water enough to splash and lie down in. The huge nice lake was just a short distance from the campsite. There was a continuous cool breeze sweeping through the trees and sheltered dinning table area. A very large commercial fan was also running for more cool comfort. All in all it was a great reunion where many came together who had not seen each other in years. For some it was a first time to meet members of a family that they had become a part of. Most of the older set chose to stay in motels instead of tents. A little spoiled, I believe. It was exciting to even the older ones to see all the fun the younger group were having. It is nice to be back home.

Not much happened while I was gone except the yard grew a lot of tall grass, and the flowers were suffering from lack of water. I will tackle this job next week since today is Saturday. Tonight I will be attending the Widow and Widower’s meeting at Lake Fryer. I am anxious to get back to that since I have missed two meetings. Friends are the next best things after family. I really appreciate every one of mine. They are always there for me. I hope I can always be there for them.

I have mostly rested since I’ve been home. It was a long tiring trip. I had a doctor’s appointment scheduled at the time of the reunion also. I needed an heart echo made. I received word from my doctor yesterday that my heart is strong, and everything is fine. I love this man. I wish I could keep him forever, but he is two hundred and sixty miles from where I live. I probably better make some changes before long. I have been seeing this doctor for four years. He is my nephew’s doctor in Oklahoma City, and that is why I am going to him. My nephew thinks he is the best. I agree with that. Time and prayer will lead me to make the right decision. I am firm on that belief.

God Bless
Myrtle Jean Sharp


No comments:

Post a Comment