Wednesday, April 5, 2017

"Snow That Didn't Last"

  Whata you know? Snow in April at this Texas panhandle town. 4-5-2017 Perryton TX


What a surprise this morning to see large flakes of snow coming down like magic. It quickly covered the grown like a thick blanket of carpet. In the eventide the snow began to melt just as fast as it had fallen. The temperature was in the thirties, but the warm ground melted the snow quickly. It did deliver us another ¾ of an inch of moister. Blessed are the days of slow coming moister. Within a nine day period we have had almost 5 inches. This makes us rejoice and feel soaked with wet blessings.

Today is the day after. The sun is shinning brightly, but the wind is very cool. We got a low last night of 32 degree, but I don’t think it hurt the fruit. This cool weather will keep the ground wet for awhile yet. The grass is getting taller every day. We hope by Saturday it will be dry enough to mow. The back yard failed to get fertilized before the rain started, but it will be in good shape for accepting the weed, and feed, with good results. I just feel anxious to get it done. It is a main part of my “to do” list before I leave in two weeks to go on a three day trip. A trip that I’m also very excited about. It will be so nice to meet my three sisters in Oklahoma City for a time of fun and craziness. One sister, who lives in Albuquerque, I haven’t seen in over two years. That was a time of her Husband’s funeral, and the occasion was too sad to enjoy our togetherness. We four widows have planned for a great time of new endeavors to become free, and successful. A great challenge, but worth a try.

I came away from the Citizen’s luncheon today a bit sad. Our director gave her notice of resignation. She has been a devoted, and loving leader of the Center for several years. I can’t imagine the Center without her big smiling face, and open arms, to greet everyone who walked through the door. She was offered a much better paying job, and felt like it was a blessing from God, so she accepted. She could not hold back the tears as she told everyone good-bye. I am so happy for her, but we will miss her so much. I have to have faith that we will get another good replacement. This special leader of the Center has been almost like a daughter to me. In fact she and my daughter graduated .together. I have never been treated any nicer by anybody than what this sweet lady has treated me. Those kind of people are few, and far between these days. I have to put my sorrow in the same place I have put many before. Life goes on, and I will adjust as usual. That is easier said than  done, but with God’s help I will move on. God bless you Marilyn. I love you.

God Bless
Myrtle Jean Sharp

No comments:

Post a Comment