Friday, August 28, 2020

"Rain Bless Us Now"

                        The sun is surrounded by rain clouds I hope. 8-28-2020 Perryton, TX
 

The picture I have posted is a true image of the sun today, August 28. 2020 at 6:30 p m. with a temperature of 104. I hope it is a sign of rain. It would be so nice to have a good long period of slow rain. At night the temperature drops to 64 degree, but in a short while it is up in the nineties. Today it really showed off. I have stayed inside all day long except for a message I had to deliver early this morning for about ten minutes. I spent about an hour talking with my sister in Oklahoma City. She said there it rained yesterday for thirty minutes with the sun shinning. She looked for a rainbow, but never did see one. I would love to see a beautiful rainbow, and would take a picture of it, and post it on face book. I have been lucky enough to do that before, but not in a long time.



I have spent eight hours today working on a quilt top that I had put away about ten years ago. I have it about one-third of the way finished, and then never no more hand work the rest of my life. However, I am proud of the way this quilt is turning out. It would not pass anyones inspection but mine. That's about the way with all of my creations. I do them to please myself. My daughter always cheers me on, or I might not keep making things. I like that I can listen to television while I work on sewing, or painting. Otherwise I would never miss the speaches, and conventions that President Trump gives. I would leave all creative ideas for the birds. At this time in my life God, and country are the most important things to me.



I'm not for sure, but I think I have been limited to less words on my blog anymore, and I better stop now. I usually write 500 words, but may have to settle for less. I hope I'm wrong, but we will see.



God Bless

Myrtle Jean Sharp

No comments:

Post a Comment