Thursday, August 13, 2020

Fried Okra And Fresh Tomatoes

Fried okra and fresh tomatoes Chuck's okra, and tomato plants are doing very well. He has a nice cantaloupe vine with lots of blooms also. He takes good care of his garden after I helped him get it planted. Due to his gout he cannot use a shovel to dig because the pressure makes his foot swell badly for several weeks. He really misses having a large garden of all kinds of vegetables. I miss it too because I put a lot of stuff in my freezer for him. It was 93 degree today, and I stayed inside all day. When I got home from Chuck's house I just wanted to get in my recliner, and relax the rest of the day. I'm taking a few minutes to write a brief blog, because I have been missing a lot lately. I finished the rag rug I had been putting many hours each day working on, and I just now loaded it in my car to take to Chuck's house next week. It was quite a chore for me to get it all figured out just how I was going to get it to the car, and up in the back seat. It does weigh about 100 pounds, because I am strong, and I had to pull, and heave to get it upon a plastic cloth after I finally got it folded. I used a rope to tie the plastic around it tightly, and dragged it to the car. I had a hard time getting it up in the back seat, but I finally made it. I'll worry about unloading it as soon as I need to do so. As for now I am resting, and feeling proud of my mighty strength. Tomorrow I will vacuum, and clean house after cutting rag strips and sewing them together for three weeks. My closets got a good going over since most everything I cut up came off the hangers. Really I could make several more rugs without missing too many garments. I am a hoarder of my cloths, and would keep things forever if it were possible. Over the years I have given a lot of things to charity, but I still had for too many things I didn't ever wear. My cook-top shorted out so I have been eating oven baked food mostly. However, I need to have my sausage gravy soon. I can cook the biscuits in the oven, but cannot make gravy in it, I have been eating a lot of micro-wave cooked bacon, and oven heated waffles. I will be getting a new cook-top next week. One never knows how much you miss something until you no longer have it. I can say this about all my loved ones, and friends whom I don't have with me any more. I can't replace them, and it's very hard to manage life without them. I shed a lot of tears, but God always comes to my rescue. One day at a time is my motto. God Bless Myrtle Jean Sharp

No comments:

Post a Comment