Wednesday, August 19, 2020

Never Forsake Your Church

Never forsake your church What a dynamic sermon we heard in church this morning! The pastor was definitely fired up, and he was ready for bear. He was fed up with what is going on in our country today, in our churches, and in our schools. He said that people were going to have to get an attitude that reaches farther than the walls of the church. One of the words he used a lot was authority. Stating from scripture where the Apostle Paul told the people they had the authority to denounce evil, and do it without fear. He said over and over I'm fed up. Well I agree with him on that, but I believe I am lacking in authority power. I know what the bible teaches about suffering for Jesus Christ, and although we cannot be excused from that, I hesitate to bring it on. I had to wonder this morning if the Pastor really knew what we may be facing if we denounced this evil rioting outside our church walls. However, I could hardly wait to tell him what a great sermon he preached, and I hoped we would be hearing more. We must, just must, stand up for Jesus no matter what the price may be. Before the sermon began the pastor had all the children who attend school to come to the front of the church and be prayed over for all the problems they are facing in school. This brought tears to all eyes, and I was so saddened by the terrible situation which I knew about. My friends there is absolutely no hope for peace again unless God pours out His wrath much worse than He already has. We can give up, and give in, but our problem will still be real. In fact if we get God angry with us it will be much worse than our enemies anger with us. We are, no doubt, facing a time of choosing right or wrong. I don't think we can ride the fence much longer. I do believe all Christians should band together in their own church, and hold onto the unchanging power of God. No longer do I believe just a social gathering will ever get us through this crisis. Forsaking the assembling of ourselves together is also forbidden by God. Wake up ye Christians, and shake off the dust, and become active again in the House of God. I wait to hear that trumpet call to start up the shouting. The walls of evil shall also come down just like the walls of Jericho did. I do not want to call it quits. God has done too much for me to forsake His House of Worship now. I would rather be taken from the church than out of my home. I love my home, but God's House comes first. No one can say that the churches are not drying up. This was prophesied, and it is happening. I pray I will be one of the last ones to die from church fever. God Bless Myrtle Jean Sharp

No comments:

Post a Comment