Monday, May 13, 2019

"A Better Understanding Of The Mess We Are In"

Getting ready to occupy my patio while reading a good book till dark. 5-13-2019 Perryton, TX
 
I think I might be stretching it, but this evening I am starting to read a #1 New York Times bestseller. The Secret History Of The IRAQ WAR, Author Yossef Bodansky. 557, 6 by 10 inch pages. This is going to be a challenge for me, and I am wondering why I even want to start it. That is not my kind of reading, and I didn't buy the book. My neighbor threw it away, and I was impressed at how neatly she laid it on top of an empty box at the top of the dumpster. The price of the book is marked $27,95. From reading the introduction on the jacket cover I am learning that the author has been the director of the Congressional Task Force on Terrorism and Unconventional Warfare for more than a decade. He is the longtime director of research at the International Strategic Studies Association and senior editor for the Defense and Foreign Affairs group of publications.


The book is about the 2003 U.S. and Afghanistan war with the Bush Administration mobilizing the United States armed forces to overthrow the government of Iraq. Eight months after the president declared an end to major combat operations, Saddam Hussein was captured. Yet neither peace nor democracy has taken hold in Iraq. Instead the country has plunged into terrorist insurgency and guerrilla warfare,with no end in sight. Sixteen years later we Americans are about to enter combat operations with Iraq again, says me. The author asks the question, what went wrong?


I may not read very far into this book, but it does sound interesting. Much news has been made over the Bush war with Iraq, and thousands are accusing President Bush of causing the 911 bombing of the New York Twin Towers. I am sure of one thing, America is on the border line of possible another World Wide War. It looks like over half of our own American Congressional leaders are dead set on becoming a One World leader Universe. Our President Trump is having to fight against his own United States Citizens. This does not look good at all. Many high up officials have said if President Trump does not get elected again it's good-bye America, The Land of The Free And The Brave. I am absolutely positive of that prophesy. We will be living under Muslim religion with their law. I believe this is when the people will pray for the mountains to fall on then, as mentioned in God's Word. Please, please people, don't let our President down. Prayer can remove a mountain if people truly believe in God. And how could anyone doubt Him. I'm not praying only for our President. I'm praying that God will protect him, and give him more wisdom every day. It's really about God, instead of President Trump. I feel so confident that God will let this President be the Little Sheppard boy who killed the giant.


God Bless
Myrtle Jean Sharp

No comments:

Post a Comment