Sunday, December 30, 2018

"Christmas Away From Home"

Christmas 2018 at Kent and Angela Sharp's house. Sitting on floor, Angela, Bailey, on couch, Austin, standing Kent. 12-30-2018 Perryton, TX
 
One never gets too old to enjoy getting Christmas presents. I got many nice things, and I am so thankful for all of them. My two grown grandchildren were unwrapping gifts for hours, it seemed. Of course they had to handle each gift, and figure out how to operate it before opening another. All of them have worked very hard this past year, so they were deserving of lots of gifts, and fun. I am the one who was not deserving, but somehow I feel like I got the most. I am what you might call fully retired, and too lazy to make my bed. My New Year's wish is for all of my children, and grandchildren to have the best year ever. Several changes will be made in the lives of some of them, that I know about. Of course there will be changes made that I don't know about, but that is life, and we must accept all things as blessings. The bible teaches us that “all things work together for the good to them that love the Lord.” He would never do bad things to us if we truly love Him. They may seem bad at times, but it is always best in the long run. My daughter, and I, both went home with a bad cold, but we know God will heal it soon. I hear Him every day telling me what I need to do next. It's almost like an echo of my earthly father.


Tomorrow is New Year's Eve. I will be staying home to rest with this cold. I've had enough excitement for awhile anyway. I just hope my voice clears up enough for me to call my family and friends to wish them a Happy New Year. Also, I got an assignment to do a portrait painting of a lovely couple, and I'm anxious to start that. My painting has been on hold for some time now, but I'm glad to be starting back. My birthday is the last of January, and I've been invited to a nice place for a celebration. It is not personal, but for all members who have birthdays in the month. I don't know If I will be able to attend or not. I don't look forward to birthdays any more since they make me feel so old. It takes awhile to put them behind me. Actually I am as happy as I was at 17 when I got married. I've lived longer than my mate, but I don't have to take care of him any more. I miss him, but I enjoy my freedom, and my family. God has a reason for letting me live a long, and happy life. I will do all I can to continue down that road. I just want to be a blessing to others.


God Bless
Myrtle Jean Sharp

No comments:

Post a Comment