Saturday, December 17, 2016

"Winter Christmas Blessings"

                Our first snow for the winter. Very cold outside. 12-17-2016 Perryton, Texas.


The weather caused me to have to cancel my plans for this evening. I was invited to dinner with some ladies who were going to be driving seventeen miles to the restaurant of their choice. Due to the snow and cold freezing wind the event had to be canceled. This is the thing I have been dreading for awhile now. It will be hard to plan any trips because the weather is so unpredictable here in Perryton, Texas. However, I would rather be safe than sorry. I choose to stay home when its so cold and freezing rain. I have my television and telephone to occupy me. I’m so thankful for all the modern blessings I am privileged to enjoy. I have talked on the phone today with some friends and family members. It lifted my spirits, and gave me patience to wait for better weather to happen. When I hear that all is well and doing fine I am satisfied to lean back in my recliner and watch the news. I spend a lot of time day dreaming while relaxing in my recliner. I think I solve a lot of problems, but I still have to get out to finish the job. After all I am thrilled to be well, and of a sound mind. Christmas time is a season to be jolly regardless of the weather. I am fitting into that clause. This Saturday evening marks one week before Christmas eve. I remember as a child how hard it was to wait for that one week to pass. I haven’t grown out of that anxiety feeling much after all these years.

At this time of the year with snow on the ground, and cold north wind blowing, who could keep from thinking about our Savior, Jesus Christ, being born in a manger of the cattle barn? This is a true story that will never be understood by any earthly being. I hope not one soul this Christmas will fail to feel the pain and suffering Mary bore that night long ago when she gave birth to our Savior, and even worse pain she suffered when she watched that same son being nailed to a cruel cross for our sins. Can we ever feel worthy to claim the best of the best in everything we want? We look for perfection in all things, often refusing to settle for anything less.
God forgive us and help us to be thankful for what we have. Especially let us give thanks for the blood of Jesus Christ that cleansed us from all sin. Let us remember also that Christmas is about Jesus, and not about ourselves. My sincere blessings, and best wishes, go out to every living soul still on this earth. May the Light of the World shine on you.

God Bless
Myrtle Jean Sharp

No comments:

Post a Comment