Monday, December 12, 2016

"Merry And Folly Equals Christmas"

Santa just landed his helicopter in one of my neighbors yard. What a nice way to have your gifts delivered to you.  12-12-2016 Perryton, Texas.


I had to do some more shopping today so I’m running behind on my schedule. I needed to let the paint dry more on my canvases anyway. Even then, I did accomplish a good bit of work today. I bought groceries at two different stores, went to the bank, got calendars, bought Christmas cards, and came home and made a huge pot of beef and vegetable stew. I’m still on the up side and wishing I could spend more time with my family. The Christmas spirit is definitely strong around here. So many of the yards are decorated so nicely. I enjoy just driving around and looking at them. Just two days left before my Christmas party at the Citizen’s Center, and I have to get my hair done, and decide what I’m going to wear. The paint on the canvases may be very dry before I get back to them. I hadn’t planned to do anything extra for Christmas, but something changed my mind. I’m hopping around like a bunny rabbit looking for something to eat. “Please Lord, don’t let me start cooking all those goodies I have always cooked at Christmas.” I’ve been faithful to my diet all year long, and I sure don’t want to blow it now. The million dollar fudge is such a temptation, the three gallon plastic canister that I always fill with delicious party mix is so inviting, and the best fruit cake ever created has never missed a Christmas in many years at our house. Yes, its hard not to dive in and cook all these traditional goodies, but I will not give in.

I have stayed away from all the business Christmas parties so far. It seems like every business has had Christmas goodies and drinks this year. The hostess keeps the tables filled with candy, nuts, cookies, cheese and crackers, and about anything else one might want. The fear has been so long that Christmas might be taken from us, and replaced with a religious worship that left Christ out of our lives. I believe we were over half-way there when at last we managed, with God’s help, to get a leader elected to the White House who is all about God and country. He will bring back morality and integrity, and hopefully abandon all tax payer money for abortion and transgender surgery. There is so much change that needs to be made in order to get America back to her glorious existence like we used to know it. There are a few Supreme Court laws that need to be repealed also. This highest court in America decided to make laws in this last President’s term of office. Instead of interpreting the law they made a law, which barely passed, allowing same sex marriage. God forbid!  They are judges, not law makers. The fight will continue for a long time yet. We are not finished just by electing Mr. Trump. The evil army is still fighting to destroy America, but the victory call has been made and soon I think we will see them all slain by the spirit of the Holy One.

Merry Christmas to all.

God Bless
Myrtle Jean Sharp

No comments:

Post a Comment