Tuesday, December 6, 2016

"A Glance At The Sun"

The sun has had a hard time shinning today. Cold, wintery clouds keep covering it. 12-6-2016 Perryton, Texas.
I have seen prettier skies. We couldn't have winter without dreary skies. 12-6-2016 Perryton, Texas.


One of those days when I do nothing much but eat and paint. Not good for the shape of my body. When its bad outside I get the urge to cook rich foods. This week I have already made chili, fried chicken, mashed potatoes and gravy, plus a huge pecan pie. With left over chili I had super bun hot dogs with real beef franks last night. When will I stop eating?

Today I have painted a couple of hours on a scene that I am beginning to like a lot.. Receding glaciers left behind huge rocks which were used to create an interesting sight of nature in the what is now known as, New York City’s Central Park. I loved the picture taken by camera and used in the National Geographic. If I can do to this painting what I feel, it will make anyone wish they could take a vacation to new York. I will be posting it as soon as I’m finished. I am also doing a portrait of Melania Trump. Between the two I am staying pretty busy. I’m staying occupied with things I love to do. It makes me feel good when someone comes in my house like a repairman or a technician and immediately are attracted to the paintings I have hanging on my wall. They recognize the portraits at a glance. That is the famous ones I have done. The trouble is I have all my walls filled with paintings. I am going to have to let some of them go before long. I will be getting a computer whiz to help me set up a studio on line. It will be a lot of trouble, but I think it would be fun once I learn the trade. I don’t have many art pieces on hand that I want to sell. I have sold some, and donated some, and given away some. I hope to start accepting request to do portraits for others. I have been asked several times, but do not have the confidence to take an order. I will not do a portrait cheap. Once I get the contract that’s when I’m afraid I will fail to please the buyer. I expect to get it all figured out some day before long. I have sold a portrait and the buyer was happy with the finished results, but I have not been comfortable to accept another request.

I am now fixing to go to my television and catch up on all the news. I’m having a hard time leaving my easy chair and watching all the pro’s and con’s of those giving interviews about the condition of our country. I decided enough is enough. It’s time to break away and do something positive. I do feel good about our new President elect, and I am anxious to cash in on some of the wealth he has promised us. He is the best teacher for   making “America Great Again” that could ever be found anywhere. I thank God for him every day. “Peace, Joy, and Happiness to all.”

God Bless
Myrtle Jean Sharp


No comments:

Post a Comment