Friday, December 2, 2016

"A Bale Of Hay For Thought"

A huge bale of hay was being hauled in front of me. I immediately thought of Jesus since He was born in a manger where the cattle ate hay. 12-2-2016 Perryton, Texas.


I have been taking pictures of things related to Christmas to post with my blogs. However, yesterday as I was going to the store I noticed this very large bale of hay being hauled on a flat bed right in front of me. Suddenly I wanted to take a picture of it. I can’t believe any piece of machinery could be big enough to bale one large field of hay into one. Possible several acres of green hay was cut and baled into one giant bale. As I took the picture I thought to myself, this is not related to Christmas. Then it struck me. Yes it was very much a part of the story about Christmas. Jesus the Savior was born in a stable where the cattle ate hay. His mother, Mary, laid Him in a manger filled with hay, because there was no room for the family in the Inn where they sought rest for the night. I am a mother and I try to imagine such a nightmare experience. The cattle, horses, and sheep all were witnesses to Jesus birth. An angle hovered over him even though it might not have been visible. That is why we have the nativity scene with its awesome reflection of “Heaven on earth,” erected all over the world. An illustrated story like none other can ever take its place. I believe every time people see this humble, true, story in human-like form, it makes all to immediately count their blessings.

Yes, Christmas is the true story of why we can live a blessed life every day and not worry about sacrificing the blood of animals for our sins. If anyone don’t want to believe that just read the book of Leviticus in the bible. Animals had to be slaughtered and their blood sprinkled on the alter with some being put on the ears and right thumbs of those being forgiving of their sins. Every person had to be forgiven regularly, because they were born in sin. Then there was the long list of rituals that had to be followed every time the priest made provisions to forgive the sinners. I am now reading the book of Leviticus with every chapter making me more appreciative than ever for the Heavenly Father sending His only begotten son to earth to make that one time blood atonement for all. People, none of us deserve this great love, and I believe we do not show enough appreciation for it. Some of us may have to show it with our own blood before the end of our time. God does not  show partially, and He certainly will not allow His own son’s blood  to be trampled on. This was revealed to me in my early experience as a new convert. Some of us need to wake up, and shape up, like we’ve never done before. It’s not all about, “ a better than thou attitude.” It’s  about loving everyone with the love of God, and making no excuses if we fail to do so. Are we thankful that we have a Sealy mattress to sleep on instead of a bed of hay?

God Bless
Myrtle Jean Sharp

No comments:

Post a Comment