Tuesday, September 6, 2016

"Thoughts Of Long Ago"

A neat shot of a dragonfly in the center of the picture. It was long and skinny. A bit blurry. 9-6-2016
First week of September and the flowers are still looking pretty. 9-6-2016 Perryton, Texas.


It’s been a nice pre-fall day with a cool slight wind. It has been one of those days where you are on the go all day, but didn’t really get much done. Some things just don’t show results quickly, but have to be done just the same. It’s kindly like planting seed, they don’t come up for awhile. I am very much contented to take things easy in my recliner after several miles of running here and there. I still have some hard work to do over at Chuck’s house, but am pleased with what we have already accomplished. We are trying to stay ahead of winter weather. I feel sure we can make it happen. As long as I stay busy I am not grieving over the loss of my dear husband, however I do see him in my dreams a lot. I can’t do anything about that.

A lot of my still time is spent mediating. I do enjoy the gift of reasoning and building a spiritual castle from day to day. Sometimes the castle I am working on is shared with others so they may help to raise it and live in it themselves. Nothing can be more rewarding than to see others prosper and be in good health. I can lay one stone at a time taking great pain to place them perfectly, and know that I helped to build a happy heaven for hopeless souls. We must use our time and talents for service to God. “Yes Lord, I saw that smile today on the face of a stranger as I passed by. I wondered if I really looked that bad, then I remembered you said, “From the heart the beauty shows. Thank you again for making me remember.” If our heart is well kept we don’t have to worry about making ourselves look pretty on the outside. If we have the joy of the Lord in our heart, our faces are invariable going to shine. Sometimes it’s hard not to even do a little joy dance. I have done that a few times with Christ as my partner. I really miss those old times years ago when people were living close to God, and assembling themselves together two or more times a week to sing praises unto him, and feel his Holy Spirit moving them to respond in different ways. It was a time when the redeemed of the Lord said so. In these times most people in our churches back away from acknowledging their “born again experience.” They seem to want to be a guest with high esteem. Admirers of their own accomplishments giving God credit for nothing. Then there are those who believe no one but themselves are true Christians. Where do we draw the line? We don’t. God will do that part of the issue. May we all know that we are held accountable for our own actions. Be your own judge until God takes over.

God Bless
Myrtle Jean Sharp

No comments:

Post a Comment