Sunday, January 3, 2016

"Good Morning Beautiful"

                      Good morning beautiful!!! You light up my life. 1-3-2016 Perryton, Texas.
 Ladonna Gatlin. The angel God sent to touch and change my life. I am the surprised one on the left.
1-3-2016 Perryton, Texas.


I woke up this morning feeling fine. I had heaven on my mind. Then as I sit drinking my coffee I noticed a light shinning through the crack of my drapes. I didn’t realize it was daylight, but I went to the door. When I opened it I saw this beautiful colorful sky spreading its glow all across the entire heavens. I had to give a big sigh of excitement as I went for my camera. Nothing could ever be more beautiful then the rainbow colors in the early morning sky. Yes, it was going to be a lovely day. Just as I finished my first cup of coffee Rick came walking down the hall pushing his walker. I am no longer having to follow along beside him as he has gained enough strength to go all over the place without any fear of falling. Two weeks ago tomorrow the doctor told me there wasn’t anything else he could do for him. He told me to take him home, as if to say hospice is the next move for him. He could not raise up from off the bed. He could not stand up even with someone holding onto him. He hadn’t eaten a bit in several days. He was not in the hospital since the hospital had done all they could do and had released him to rehab. Rick had not responded to rehab, so now the next step was home to possible enter hospice care.

As weak as Rick was he knew he was at home when we finally got him into the house. He was like he had just gotten a shot of “Glory Halleluiah.” I have had many years of caring for sick and elderly people, so I put my best foot forward, and inch by inch we started seeing improvement. Without the grace of God I could not have done the hard physical lifting, and tugging that had to be done. Not to mention the certain amount of discipline that I also had to force myself to do with him. I would not accept no when I knew Rick could do better. He remembered when he was a child and he had to  mind his mother, so he began to show some respect to whom he was subjected to. I do believe that more than Rick wanted to live, he wanted more to please his mother. I think I can rightfully say that no one but a mother would ever have done the tiring, and keeping the perseverance that I managed to do. We never know why things like this happen to us, but I do know that it was for a divine purpose, and I am forever grateful that I got through it. I did not feel like it was God’s will to let professional health nurses come and help us, although the service was available to us. This case was more of a test, I believe, than a relief for my body. Two weeks ago Rick was taking in 0 calories per day. Now he is taking in 2,000 and extending every day. How I thank God for those many friends who have made the faith inside me to grow stronger with time. One such friend I have in mind is Ladonna Gatlin. She was a God given angel who touched me without any of my effort to touch her. A breathless happening that I can never doubt. God bless you Ladonna Gatlin.

God Bless
Myrtle Jean Sharp


No comments:

Post a Comment