Monday, October 25, 2021

"Wealth Cannot Buy Happiness"

“Wealth Cannot Buy Happiness” How blessed this day has been for me. I am beginning to feel normal again. After the loss of my middle beloved son; Then one week after we buried him, a special nephew died suddenly with a heart attack. He was 55 and had no previous heart problems what so ever. My world turned to darkness quickly. I seemed to not want to do anything but cry. Nothing interested me any more. I have lost several loving family members in the past, which I still grieve from time to time, but this time they all piled in on me at the same time. I thought my own life was about to end. Then like a light switch had been turned on I began to laugh again. Just what is life that we laugh one day, and cry the next? Only God can answer that. Today I ate lunch with friends at the Center, and we all laughed at my crazy plans to celebrate Halloween next Friday, October 29th. It doesn't seem as though everyone can get back to the fun times we had before covid 19. That virus also has played a big part in our present, and future fun times. No one could never have worked harder than our Director, and staff to keep the loving spirit, and a brighter future for the 200 plus members who make up this awesome place. We are all trying to keep the attendance up, and the bills paid, but it is far from being back to normal. The several members we have lost due to the virus, and other causes has really hit us hard. But as I am bouncing back I know everyone else will also. I could stop sounding positive right now, and start writing some of the very bad things I believe we will still have to deal with as a country gone bye-bye. But I will not continue to look on the dark side, and do all I can physically, and spiritually to bring back the shouts of freedom. As a child my parents never let us kids know when they were worried. I thought my dad had the world under his control. He always had a good reason for us not having all of the nice things some of the others had. He told us we had a choice between riches on earth or riches in Heaven. Of course we chose riches in Heaven. And we lived a happy life like we were already rich. I still believe my treasures are laid up in heaven. Let us eat, drink, laugh, and have fun till we are called away to our eternal riches. God Bless Myrtle Jean Sharp

No comments:

Post a Comment