Saturday, October 16, 2021

"Coasting In Slow Motion"

“Coasting In Slow Motion” Saturdays are one of the slowest days of the week for me. I am at home all day most of every Saturday. About all of the people I talk to by telephone are usually gone on Saturdays. That leaves me a home loner. However, that's because I choose to stay home on Saturdays. I need that time to be alone, and consecrate on a new week. I do get a few calls, but like I said most people are busy with their own business on week-ends. By the end of the day I have done everything I needed to, but that was not much. My anxiety keeps me creeping like a crippled bird. Sundays are a little better, but after church I go back to being anxious for Monday to come. My week days are usually filled with things I have to do in order to stay independent. I have set aside certain days for fun, and fellowship. I'm so thankful for those days. It is now 5 o'clock and my two most important jobs have yet to be done, making a coconut cream pie, and doing my hair. That will be all for the day. Bedtime prayer will put me to sleep for the night. There will be no time to coast in the morning. I have to get it in gear to be ready for church. I don't dare skip my balanced breakfast. A good breakfast is my fuel for the day. My son did call me this morning before he started his busy day. That call was as good for me as a balanced breakfast. I must say God furnishes me with all my needs, even in the slow motion days. The past two months has handed me some huge shocks, but slowly I am recovering from them. We cannot even imagine just how big our God is, nor His love for us. I wish I could do more for Him. The least I can do is tell people how Great He is. He warned us that we would have to fight many battles in life, but that was why He saved us to work for Him. We are His hands, and feet, the voice that people can clearly hear. His Holy Spirit speaks through our voice. The Bible says My sheep know My voice. How often do we hear that voice? Are we yielded to that Godly voice? “Speak my Lord and I'll be quick to answer Thee.” Are we failing to tell Jesus that? Sometimes I wonder if I am the worst servant Jesus has on earth. I even worry about this. I need to honestly say, “Not my will God, but thine be done.” God Bless Myrtle Jean Sharp

No comments:

Post a Comment