Sunday, February 9, 2020

"Square Off With Thinking"

A square sun? Sometimes when the clouds decide to make it that way. 2-9-2020 Perryton, TX

My eyes saw a perfectly round sun. My camera saw a square sun, What was I suppose to get from that illusion? This was definitely my subject for this Sunday, although it didn't come to me till the end of the day. Now I am writing without a clue of what I'm suppose to say. I had intended to skip my blog today, and the time had passed for me to post, but in an instant I was directed to this common-looking sun about to disappear. I was not at all impressed because I had taken so many pictures of the sun, and this one had no real meaning at the time. But I followed my instinct and reached for my camera. When I unloaded the picture I had a square sun. The second shot was the same effect. What can you say about a square sun?

I had had a long visit with my sister by telephone today. We talked about one of our nephews who had passed away recently, and today was his 51st birthday. His sister had wished him a happy birthday in heaven on face book. Somehow I felt like I had been negligent in talking to my young nieces, and nephews while they were growing up about the positivity of salvation through the blood of Jesus Christ. I was not around them that much so when I did see them it was like they did not what to hear me preach to them. Of course I would not have needed to preach to them had they been taught the Word of God. And let me be clear, it was just a few of my nieces, and nephews who had not been trained up by God's Word. The mother of this nephew who has passed on told me before he died she tried to talk to him about God, but he didn't believe in that stuff. I tried to encourage her by saying we don't always know what is in one's heart. However, I feel more like if a person is a born again Christian people will know it.

I believe now this message is for the living persons who think that there is no hell, and everybody is going to heaven. Also those who do not want to think either about heaven or hell. It's like they don't care what happens after they die. I think, but not sure, I might have one of those in my own family. My thought now. I saw a round sun with my own eyes, but my camera saw a square one. Do our eyes always see things the way God sees them? I believe life is a battle from the day we are born till the day we die. Does anyone understand the full meaning of God's Word? Are we suppose to worry about whether someone made it to heaven or not? All of these questions are no, but I definitely stand by the scripture that says ye must accept Christ as your Savior. John 14:6.

God Bless
Myrtle Jean Sharp









No comments:

Post a Comment