Saturday, February 8, 2020

"A Few Lived"

Amidst all the dead stalks, and laves I find this blackberry plant still bearing green leaves. 2-8-2020 Perryton, TX
 
On this nice sunny day I was out strolling in the yard and found these blackberry plants still bearing green leaves. The stalks were green, and full of sap. Yet every other plant or weed was crumbly dry. I noticed a tiny speck of life showing up on one of the cherry trees. Within a few days we will be celebrating a new birth from several of our mother plants, and trees. The second week of February, and I'm sure we will have more freezing weather. But I got a thrill to see these signs of spring just the same. So far we have had hardly any bad weather. It would be so nice not to see anymore till next winter. However, that would be a whole new climate change for Perryton, Texas.


I have had a good visit with some family members, and friends today by telephone. I am getting ready in a few minutes to go to the Widower's group for a slight dinner. It's been a few weeks since I've been due to the long impeachment trial. I am trying to adjust to the never-ending Trump haters, who cannot give up on their failure to remove him from the Oval Office. I believe we are in this impeachment situation for the long haul. When God has had enough He will bring it to an end abruptly. I can relax, and know God is in full control. I have shed all the tears I'm going to on everyone of my loved ones, and friends, who will not give up on their evil attempt to destroy our President and our entire country. Enough is enough, and you will find that to be true if you read the book of Genesis where God destroyed a whole nation of Sodom, and Gomorrah for their wickedness. He let eight people out of the entire nation escape the terrible punishment, and that was all because of one man's love for his family. The same God who destroyed Sodom, and Gomorrah is fixing to do the same thing with America. However, God will make a way for His Christian believers to also escape. I have no idea how many that will be, but surly more than eight. I will not give up hope, but will shed no more tears. Somehow God has conditioned my heart for the loss of my precious loved ones. He has a way of removing all memories that does not bring us joy. I will always be listing for my name while I continue to work for my God, and follow his command. When my Master calls I will answer. I will be somewhere working for my Lord. That does not mean I will be somewhere on a pedestal, or somewhere in a low valley. I may be eating with my widowed friends this evening, or working in my yard tomorrow. Where ever I am, I will be listening for my name.


God Bless
Myrtle Jean Sharp 

No comments:

Post a Comment