Friday, February 15, 2019

"A Whale Of A Fish"

Speaking of a whale of a fish, Austin Sharp, my grandson, age 2, caught his first one. His aunt Betty helped him pull it out. Lake Sanford, Texas.  Austin is 25 now. 2-15-2019 Perryton TX
 
I just had to show the beginnings of a bright young grandson I have. I hardly ever mention this guy in my writings, but he never leaves my mind for long. In 1995 my husband and I bought a lake home on Lake Stanford, Stanford, Texas. My son and his family lived in the city of Stanford. One summer my sister, Betty, and husband, Jim, brought their camper down to visit us on the lake. Jim was a pro bass lover, and this lake was stocked with bass. My sister went to town and bought little Austin, age 2, a tiny rod, and reel. They were going to teach Austin how to catch bass. She helped him get his line out in the water them let him take over. All of the crew were unsuccessful in catching bass, so we were reeling in to go to the campers. Just as Austin had his line at the edge of the water something grabbed it and ran. Aunt Betty was standing by, and began to scream hold it Austin, hold it. She reached for his line and helped him pull it out of the water. When Austin saw the 18 inch bass he threw the line down. It scared him so bad. I love this picture, and I love my grandson. He is having a birthday in a few days, and I want to wish him a happy birthday. He is my super bass pro, and all kinds of other super pros. He lives in Houston, Texas, and is loved greatly by all his family. Happy Birthday Austin.


I have laid down my fish, and whale story I was reading yesterday. It didn't have a good plot, and was making me depressed. The story of Jonah, and the Whale is not one I would recommend to be read. Although it is a bible story, and everyone should read it. Take it seriously, and run back to Nineveh. It's better to face criticism than to be in the belly of a whale. “Not my will, but thine be done.” I can be sweet, and sour at the same time. If I need to change some of my attitudes, then help me Lord to change them, otherwise do the same to others. The whale didn't like Jonah in his belly so he vomited him up. Hopefully if I am being swallowed by a whale, the same will happen to me. Jonah, and the whale both lived happily ever after. It will be worth a try, so help me God. There is an old saying that goes like this. “You can take the old gal out of the country, but you can't take the country out of the old gal.” You can take me out of my church, but you can't take my church out of me.” After 37 years, my church is still in me even though I have attended another church regularly. My seat is empty, and so are most of the other seats, but we are going to fill them up again, by God's help.


God Bless
Myrtle Jean Sharp

No comments:

Post a Comment