Tuesday, February 5, 2019

"A Slight Change Of Atmosphere"

One of the many gifts my daughter has given me over the years. How true these words are. 2-5-2019 Perryton, TX
 
My sweet daughter gave me this plate with these inspiring words printed on it several years ago. It sits on my hallway table 24-7. I read it almost every day of my life. This past week it has taken on special meaning. For some time now I had felt like a door had been closed to me. I was not satisfied any longer to be the idle person I had become. I didn't know why, or what to do. I just kept praying about it then another door opened for me. I reluctantly walked through that open door to find myself feeling a bit uncertain. I felt certain for awhile, then I would feel uncertain. At times I want to runaway to anywhere. At other times I wanted to stay forever in this new found place. I keep praying, but then I would remind myself that I've already walked through that door. Why would I keep wondering if I did the right thing or not. Day, by day, step, by step, I am going to keep on keeping on. I have no idea what the future may hold for me, but for now I plan to find out.


I have been satisfied with my walk with God for many years. I am certain that I am not going to change anything in my life that may not be pleasing to anyone else. I do feel that I will have to make that understood if I remain in the new found place I now occupy. It will remain to be seen if I can still be me, or if I have to be someone else. I just simply will not be ruled by a spirit I do not believe in. Some may already be saying “you went through the wrong door.” I cannot tell God which door I want to go through. He opened this door to me for a reason. He will never leave me alone, and I will stay the course. I can get used to disagreeing with certain people with God's help to explain my position. I have not been tempted to eagerly disagree with anyone in years. I have always had a sweet spirit to help me keep my mouth shut. But on the other hand I have always been with people I love, and respect, even though we may not always agree. I hope to find this same love, and respect, among a new type of people. I know most of this new crowd, and I do love, and respect them. If I have to leave it will be because I was driven out, not because I wanted to leave. Surly I can find that happy medium there. I am honestly feeling like I am trying God's patience with me. I know without a doubt that God opened this door for me, and I am arguing with him now. Please pray for my weakness, and keep listening to hear more about this new adventure.


God Bless
Myrtle Jean Sharp

No comments:

Post a Comment