Monday, November 13, 2017

"Flowers Of Blessings"

After a hard freeze my fall flowers are still pretty. Makes me happy, they refuse to die. 11-13-2017 Perryton, TX


I was so happy this morning to walk out in the back yard and see these pretty flowers still smiling at me after a heavy freeze. Every day they live makes my winter a day shorter. The shorter the winter, the happier I am. The asparagus is almost all dead, and I will be cutting them back in a few days. I have to make myself believe that very soon I will have fresh asparagus to eat, and a yard full of beautiful flowers, and roses. Oh! I forgot about all the hard work involved. That’s o k I can do it. Just give me pretty things in life.

I cannot comprehend a lot of the new technology being introduced to us every day. I am now receiving a check from an individual every month without any signature on it. The envelope reads from, Bill Payment Center. I thought it was a refund until I read further, payment enclosed. The check says signature on file, but no name. The first time I got a check from this place, I was trying to think who I could go to and try to find out if it was a gimmick, or what. Then in a couple of days the secret sender called me and said be expecting this every month. I just can’t believe all the sophisticated ways our world is being changed to. But as long as I can receive, and not have to send, I will be o k. I do appreciate all the blessings God gives me, and I never forget to tell Him so, daily. I do feel like sometimes I am using my brain to work a jigsaw puzzle more than anything else. Happy future to all senior citizens.

Oh! How I love these modern times. I no longer have to mow my lawn. My son has hired a yard man to take care of it. The other day I needed to send back some television equipment to the company whom I had canceled. They sent me a box and instructions how to wrap, and mail it. I knew I couldn’t follow those instructions, so thinking it was a UPS label I took it to the place that handles that service. A young lady asked if she could help me. I said yes I need you to help me get this equipment ready to send. She so willingly took the things I gave her, and within minutes she had it ready to mail. I asked her if there was any charge, she said no the freight is prepaid. Then I asked if I needed a receipt. She said your post office clerk will help you with that. I said, do you mean I have to take this to the post office? She said yes, it is USPS. I was so embarrassed, and told the young lady I was sorry for her trouble. She said that’s o k, don’t worry about it. How good is God? Too good, sometimes, to an ignorant person like me.

God Bless
Myrtle Jean Sharp 

No comments:

Post a Comment