Sunday, January 8, 2017

"Icicle Please Melt"

Mystery unsolved. Temperature did not get above freezing yesterday but this morning this 4' icicle was hanging from the eave of my roof. 1-8-2017 Perryton, Texas.


I was quite surprised to see this 4’ icicle hanging from the eave of my roof this morning. The temperature didn’t get above freezing all day yesterday. There is not one sign of thawing this morning. How did a four foot icicle form on the eave of my roof last night? Just another sign that I don’t understand all things happening these days. I just need someone around to discuss things with now and then. I believed that my husband knew everything, but he is not around anymore. I can live with the excitement I feel even with a 4’ icicle forming in the freezer.

I managed to walk out of my garage last evening onto the solid iced driveway, and get into the car of a friend. She had come to take me to a first-time meeting with widowed ladies and gentlemen. Because of the bad weather just a few showed up, but I enjoyed the dinner and fellowship. I met two people for the first time, and was pleased with their kind and interesting conversation. I’m looking forward to attending more of these meetings in the future. This group does not meet to collaborate. It is strictly meant to share joy and concerns, and fill the need for regular friendship togetherness. Although a forming of hands clasped together as one lead in prayer before the meal, religion was not mentioned. I feel too often people over step the subject of religion. I believe one’s own interpersonal feelings about God should be kept locked up when not in a group of such kind. Love and compassion can be shared without forcing God into the center of every discussion. Our own lives should reflect our feelings without words. Kindness, gentleness, patience, understanding, without malice, without jealously, without self-pity, without judging, and especially without attempts to convert others to our own way of thinking religiously. I can express my views of religion on my blogs, but in meetings I have been invited to I do not feel at liberty to do so. We should always respect others right to believe what they want to, even though we may not agree with them. I think if people would quit preaching to the choir and start preaching to themselves, they would enjoy better health and prosper more. So many people are locked into their own stupidity till they can’t possibly find the key. Excuse the insulting remark, but I am writing on my blog  The fact is they are not looking for the key. They see themselves as anything but stupid. Prayer is the only hope for these kinds of people, and patience is the key. I love all people, even the stupid. It is the greatest of all ten commandants. How can I love without respecting others feelings? An insult can be lived with, but it is never forgotten. Its like a scar from a wound. The pain stopped, but the reminder is always there. Let us take our place where we chose, but let us remember it was a blessing to be included, not a must.

God Bless
Myrtle Jean Sharp

No comments:

Post a Comment