Wednesday, November 2, 2016

"World Series 2016"

What a game coming up shortly!!  Seventh game for Indians and Cubs. World Series special. 11-2-2016 Perryton, Texas.


I used to be an avid baseball fan for many years until several years ago the Majors decided to go on strike, and I haven’t watched them since. But somehow I happened to turn onto the fourth game in this years World Series between the Cleveland Indians and the Chicago Cubs. I was hearing the stats on both teams, and suddenly became interested. I had been thinking that Chicago had become a God-forsaken state after hearing about all the run-a-way crime and murders for the past few years. I wondered if this was the same Chicago that now was playing in the World Series. Then for several years one of our own home town boys coached the Cleveland Indians. Mike Hargrove I believe took the Indians to the World Series at least one time. He has been retired now for a few years, but I still have a special place for the Indians. So with all that being said I decided the Cubs needed to have my support more than the Indians since Mike Hargrove was no longer their coach. As I said my first game to watch this year in the World Series was number four. The Indians had won the first three games, and now the Cubs was ahead in the fourth game 3 to 1. Suddenly this game got exciting. But then when the Indians made another score, I lost interest and went to bed. To my surprise the next morning I learned the Cubs had won the game. Now the score was 3 to 2. Another game would have to be played. I forgot to watch it the next night, but learned the next morning the Cubs had won again.  Now the score was 3 to 3. I was buried in disbelief. Tonight the seventh game will be played then the World Series will be history for 2016. I don’t plan to watch it, because I cannot take the emotional stress like I used to. You see I want both teams to win. What a bummer am I. When you’re not really rooting for one team to win it just don’t seem as exciting, yet I do want to know who won the World Series for 2016. I think if I was not so mired up in the political news I would watch the play-offs  tonight. The presidential winner is far more important and takes priority over all else. I will be analyzing the winner of the game tonight with the greatest of my brain power. I’m sure no one will ask me for my results, so I will keep it all to myself. All things happen for a reason, and I try hard to find the reason. This is the part of me that keeps me alive and happy. When I go to bed at night and can’t sleep I have loads of homework to work on.  It’s nice not to remember when you quit working and went to sleep. Enjoy the game or yell your head off at the corruption of politics. Which ever you choose.

God Bless
Myrtle Jean Sharp

No comments:

Post a Comment