Saturday, November 19, 2016

"The Warmth Of Love And Beauty"

                              Asparagus victims of fall outrage. 11--19-2016 Perryton, Texas.
    The memorial resting place for my loving plants and flowers. 11-19-2016 Perryton, Texas.


It’s now time to bury the dead. What a sad day for me! I know I can get through this long fall and winter, but not without mourning the loss of all my beautiful roses, flowers, asparagus plants, fruit trees, and a green lush lawn of grass. I’m not a winter person, and I don’t like snow. I used to thrill at the idea of going with my family to the ski slopes of Colorado and new Mexico. We enjoyed those times and the cold didn’t even seem cold. Things have changed a lot since then. My children cannot talk me into going skiing with them any more. The New Mexico cold is cold now, and I don’t see the beauty of the snow-covered slopes any more. The youthful thrills and excitement has a way of slipping from the aged old bodies and minds of cracking joints. The nature of age is designed and placed upon all humanity. To strip it would only bring harm and unpleasant feeling to the deserving, retired body.  I accept my age with gratitude and  will treat it with respect. I don’t expect to live to be nine hundred years old like in old bible times, but I would not refuse to if that was my intended destiny. I do like to pretend that I am possible living to be over 100. Even longer if I reach that mark. Although I have to say I plan each day as if it were my last. I think I am on the right path.

I know New Years Eve is still over a month away, but I made reservations today to spend it with my two sisters in Clinton, Oklahoma where we will quietly rest and play the games of slot. This is the life style old age affords the deserving retiree. I am so thankful for the love of my few living siblings and their families. Even more thankful that they like to do the same things I like to do. We all are thankful that God has given us health and means to enjoy the latter years of our life. Let the young do the hazardous things they enjoy, but let the older do the common sense things they enjoy. All will be happy, and all will be loved with a sweet, sweet spirit. I extend my hand to everyone around the world to accept the things you can do, and not try to do the things you cannot do. Put on your cloak of honor, and be proud of who you are. You were commissioned to do a job at birth, and never, never doubt that. We just must put forth an effort to do the job better each day whatever it may be. We may never get fired for under performing, but neither will we ever be promoted. When I play the game of slot I play to win. If not I try, try again. I never give up. What’s your game? Are you still trying to win? Try harder and enjoy while you are doing so.

God Bless
Myrtle Jean Sharp




No comments:

Post a Comment