Tuesday, July 14, 2015

"Family Fun And Festivities"

Breakfast at Kent & Angela's house was like eating breakfast at The Flamingo Inn in Las Vegas. I couldn't begin to name all the variety of things we had, even blueberry biscuits along with buttermilk biscuits.7-14-2015 Perryton, Texas.

The china cabinet made an interesting accent. It was filled with beautiful china, crystal, and all kinds of other lovely glassware. 7-14-2015 Perryton, Texas.

Family reunion days at Abilene, Texas was one of the best I have ever attended. The roomy home we stayed in was so nice and comfortable, but most of the time was spent on the large covered patio. It was as cool out there as was inside. Many chairs, a couch, several stuffed arm-chairs, some rocker recliners, and tables made a perfect atmosphere for relaxing and sharing family stories. The dinner was prepared by Kent and Angela with nothing being left off a long menu. Most of us brought extra dishes of finger foods, cakes, melons, and other goodies. Brisket and pork ribs were the meat favorites. Baked potatoes, corn on the cob, and baked beans were the vegetable mix. Everything was cooked to perfection.

For breakfast the next morning we had two kinds of biscuits. Blueberry and buttermilk. There were both bacon and sausage for meat. Scrambled eggs and gravy topped it off. Fresh fruit, jams and jellies were good to spread on the biscuits. Juice, coffee, and any other drink one might want was also available. I made a remark about the breakfast being equal to a continental breakfast at the Flamingo Inn in Las Vegas. Soon after breakfast most everyone began to get ready to leave. It is always sad to say good-bye to loved ones not knowing when and if you will ever see them again. Rick and I stayed an extra night because Kent wanted to show me around Abilene. He just recently moved his family there from Gainsville, Texas. They had spent eight years there, and now was going to have to adjust to a totally different style of life. Abilene is a much larger city than Gainsville. His job is much more complex, and stressful. He received a much greater benefit by accepting the job, but with more money comes more stress. Everything is working to his advantage, and the entire family love the hospitably attention they have been getting. I don’t think I would have any trouble living in Abilene, but until my Lord tells me I can move, I must be contented here in Perryton, Texas which has been my home for fifty-nine years. I am feeling good about staying here, although I never planned to live here but a short time when we moved here. Somehow we were suppose to stay in Perryton according to my husband. He has now deceased, but I cannot feel free to move even though. If I wanted to be honest I would have to say this is the only place in the world I feel safe and secure at this time. That should be what everyone is seeking in this day and time. I have many friends here whom I can depend upon anytime. Friends that have known me for many years, and seem almost like family. I thank God for giving me peace and happiness in the place I’ve called home for fifty-nine years. If any of you are wondering where God lives, He lives in Perryton, Texas, USA.

God Bless
Myrtle Jean Sharp

No comments:

Post a Comment