Tuesday, February 8, 2022

“No Scars In Heaven” Even death does not cease a mothers love for her child. The story has been told many times about the son who loved his mother more than he loved himself. One day he fell in love with a beautiful young Indian Princess, and married her. His new bride was extremely jealous of his mother, and told him unless he killed his mother she would leave him. He chose his Princess bride over his loving mother, and killed her. Sometime later the son fell, and hurt himself slightly. His mother appeared to him and asked, “are you hurt?” My heart is touched every time I hear this story. But I can identify with that dead mother. A child cannot kill a mother's love if she truly loved that child the way God made mothers to be. But what an awful price mothers sometimes have to pay. 1 Peter 4-7-8. But the end of all things is at hand: be ye therefore sober, and watch unto prayer. And above all things have fervent charity among yourselves; for charity shall cover the multitude of sins. I loved my father and mother dearly. Although I was not not that perfect child that every parent wishes to have, I did respect my parents. I shared my blessings with them until they died. Today I think of them, and recall my childhood upbringing every day I live. If I could call them back I would do more for them, because I see more clearly now where I failed them in so many ways. But I do not have to live with the guilt of calling them ugly names, and blaming them for my own mistakes. The bible tells us to “Honor Thy Father, and Thy Mother.” To those who think there is no judgment day coming this message will not mean a thing to you. But I say you cannot believe the bible, and not believe a judgment day is not coming. To those of us who are still willing to take the abuse of evil people without hitting back, we shall overcome all fear on that day. However, if we try to make others pay for their mistreatment to us, we may be in the same guilt phase as they who cursed us. Love is the greatest of all commandants. Do we have enough of it? Have we caused someone else to miss the most important thing in life, love thy neighbor as thyself? Wounds do heal, but scars never disappear. So to all of those who are hurting at this time, remember the Cross that Jesus died upon is still as real as it was then. Close your eyes, and see the Son of God hanging there, then say to yourself, I can bear my cross just like Jesus did. God Bless Myrtle Jean Sharp

No comments:

Post a Comment